Night Sky

3rd person POV

That night, Haerin weighed up the pros and cons to decide whether she was going to the construction site or not. By going there, she might be able to meet Heesoo again. Though it's just a small possibility, she unusually will use the benefit of the doubt to prove it. It's not like her at all.

Since it's cold outside, she wears her hoodie and starts walking to the place. There's nothing wrong on her way, but when she arrives, no gunshot sounds like yesterday. The sounds themselves were vague that she barely recognized them at first.

Haerin becomes so unsure, but now she's there, it's not a problem to check the scene with scrutiny.

On the same floor, she finds Heesoo fighting with another person, but this time there's no weapon involved. That explains why there's no loud voice that can be heard outside the building.

It seems like the two of them are immersed in their battle that they don't notice Haerin's presence at all. Haerin doesn't have the intention to show herself either. She hides behind the pillar far from the battle zone, clearly knowing that she will only make herself another nuisance for Heesoo to deal with.

They are so loud even though they have to focus on their battle

Haerin tries so hard not to have a comment as it can reveal her position.

"I can't wait to beat your ugly face," the unknown girl says as her forearms turn into steel, not only that, it's blade-shaped. She jumps toward Heesoo who once again sends out a structure of webs to pull her away from the spot she's standing.

"Bruh, I wear a mask. How do you know that I'm ugly?" Heesoo is in her defensive stance as she keeps avoiding the strikes.

Diagonally up and to the right, horizontally to the left, diagonally down, and complete the ambiguous circle she makes. Again and again, creating a pattern and waiting for the right time.

"Your forearms are dangerous, so I'll bind your arm instead" Heesoo pulls her hand, resulting in the pattern of webs being tightened around the girl.

"That way you can't move them" Heesoo adds, pretty confident the battle will be over soon.

When Heesoo thinks her webs can do the trick, the steel girl proves her wrong. Her forearms turn to normal and the string around her gets cut, showing her spiky arms that have become solid steel. Just from that gesture, Heesoo knows that the blade is extremely sharp.

"Aw woman, you don't tell me that you can do something like that. You waste my effort..."

At least Heesoo knows that her enemy can't fully turn to steel. Only 2 parts at a time. Now the forearms begin to turn again, Heesoo has to think of another way.

Meanwhile, Haerin suddenly realizes something, 'Their voices are getting louder and louder. Are they getting closer here?'

Can't ignore her thoughts, she snoops around the pillar and finds that it's indeed true that they're getting closer to Haerin's position.

'Oh shit. Better grab something'

Heesoo let out webs toward the girl's right arm and hastily pulls her closer just to give a calf kick. Sadly the enemy has turned her lateral thigh and lower, countering Heesoo's attack.

"Sh*t"

Has no time to check 'the soon-to-be bruise' part, she has to dodge the blade coming toward her shoulder. After she manages to dodge it successfully, she thinks of another idea.

With the intention of provoking the enemy, Heesoo brings her closer to Haerin. It seems like the steel girl hasn't noticed it, different from the hero.

When they pass the pillar, Haerin who barely notices at first just opens her eyes wide, staring at Heesoo as if she's looking for an explanation, but Heesoo doesn't bother to do so as it can reveal her plan.

Once again, Heesoo relies upon the webs she produces to keep the steel girl's eyes on her, so Haerin can hide her stealth.

The girl swings her blade arm to cut the web before it touches her, "I won't fall for the same trick twi-"

The figure plops down to the cold ground, unconscious. Haerin just bonks her with a wooden plank, it even breaks into 2 parts.

"Please tell me this is what you mean by bringing her closer" Haerin feels bad for the girl, she must have hit her hard, especially since her head is not like steel. It's just.... head.

"Yeah, thank you for getting the gist of it. Before she gets back consciousness, I have to do something, can you look in another direction?"

"Yeah yeah, sure," Haerin says and looks at nothing. She wonders how long she has to look away. What if Heesoo is already gone when she looks back? But she's glad that the hero doesn't leave her alone.

"Done"

Haerin turns around and is greeted by the sight of Heesoo standing alone. There's no trace of what happened to the defeated girl. She guesses it's like yesterday. 'Thanos flicks his fingers again' Haerin thought.

"It's dangerous to go here, you know? I might not be able to stop the enemies at some points. What if they're coming after you?" Heesoo calmly stands there, making sure to leave a wide space between them. It sounds very daring, knowing it's their second time to meet each other and the hero already cares this much for the specific citizen.

"Then I won't come here again," Haerin says, Heesoo casts down her eyes and replies with a simple, "oh okay" Haerin doesn't catch the glimpse of the hero's disappointment.

"-but I have an offer to settle. Can I.... take photos of you during your action? Just once!" what a direct question to be honest. The hero doesn't seem to understand though.

"Ah, how rude of me. My name is Haerin. We met yesterday, but only I got to ask your name. I'm a journalist and I want to feature you in my news stories, a feature on Seoul Daily, our nation's newspaper" for a moment, Haerin feels proud of how she is able to work there. Despite not having any of her news to be featured on the headline, her writing skill is amazing for sure. She used to dream of becoming a writer. Because it's not very pressuring until the deadline is near.

"What is a... journalist?"

An unexpected response comes from Heesoo and Haerin doesn't know how to answer that. There's a possibility that Heesoo doesn't understand about the news too.

Nonetheless, Haerin tries her best, "the person who involves in writing? Proof-reading? Editing? Like...." she's doing gestures like typing on the keyboard, illustrating it in the air, hoping the latter can understand. Haerin lets out an awkward smile because it doesn't work "And if you're good at it, your news stories will be put in the headline" Haerin continues.

Heesoo grabs her head with both of her head and tilts it to the right, "Head... Line?"

'I guess this will take a longer time than expected' Haerin thought. She immediately comes up with another idea.

"Are you free tomorrow afternoon? Let's meet somewhere-" but now Haerin thinks about it again, Heesoo won't let go of her mask, right? Imagine walking around the town with someone who wears a mask. If it weren't for the mask, Haerin would invite Heesoo to the cafe where Y/n is working, but she guesses that option is unavailable now.

"Nevermind, meet me at my house in the morning and we will talk about this together. If you're not coming, then I won't disturb you by coming here again. I'll respect your decision"

This time Heesoo has no reply. She just nods her head. Haerin is a little bit worried about it though because the hero seems to be so unbothered.

After confirming Haerin's house, Heesoo walks closer to the edge of that floor, since there's no outer wall built yet, guesses it's time for the heroine to go. She gives a last glance to Haerin and gets a smile in response.

"Bye" Heesoo bids her goodbye and proceeds to be a modern Tarzan, leaving Haerin alone inside the building. Haerin just waves her hands, waiting for Heesoo to be out of her sight completely.

"Whew, that's phenomenal"