Expanse

It took 2 hours to get there. With the advanced infrastructure, the long distance could be taken in a short amount of time, Outlier didn't feel so far away from Central anymore.

In her road trip this time, Haerin could see a significant difference. Just like her second time going there, she barely recognized the place. As if she was brought to a different sector.

Nonetheless, the place still looks 'greener' than Central, making it more beautiful and fresh.

Their first destination was, of course, the hotel, where they would rest for the next 2 weeks. They put out their luggage from the vehicle and began to walk into the lobby. There, they were given some instructions by the teacher in charge, "After you get into your own room, any activities you want to do will be your own responsibility. Act like a trustworthy creator and don't make any commotions" and with that, the teacher walks away to her own room.

Right, during these 2 weeks, it's up to them to do anything. To stay in the hotel all the time was absolutely okay or to go on an expedition all day and didn't even come back to the hotel was okay either.

Unrestraint, everything was easy for creators.

However, that's not a bad idea for Haerin as she already knew what her purpose of coming there.

Without entering her room, she brought her luggage and used one of the hotel's accommodations to take her there.

Exploring a place that was no longer familiar, filled with different houses and buildings, an acceptable amount of pedestrians.

It didn't take a lot of time until Haerin arrived. The car left and she started to wander around, toward a vast land where enormous greenhouses and a sizeable rustic vintage farmhouse could be seen.

Haerin didn't have to walk to the door to knock in order to meet that someone as she saw her walking in the greenhouse.

So Haerin called her name, "Yah, Choi Y/n!"

Y/n actually didn't have to turn around to recognize Haerin's voice, but recalling their chat these days, Haerin didn't inform Y/n at all about her arrival. Y/n looked at the girl, astonished. That's the reaction Haerin aimed for.

"Kang Haerin!" she shouted her name while running closer, never failing to flutter Haerin's heart. Just like a puppy greets her owner, Y/n enveloped Haerin in her embrace, giving her a mellow feeling. That was what Haerin had been yearning for. Something that technology would never be able to replace.

Y/n released the hug, still showing that 'I can't believe you're finally here. Why are you here? You say nothing about this' expression, so Haerin used that moment to say, "Surprise?"

When Haerin thought her smile couldn't get any wider, Y/n proved her wrong. She grabbed Haerin's hand and led her into Y/n's house, "Let's get inside, I'll cook dinner for both of us"

Tiredness started to kick in as Haerin laid down on the couch. This cozy feeling made her realize how she had done a lot of activities today. From the beginning when she arrived, until this evening when Haerin was waiting for Y/n to say that dinner's ready.

She chose not to give in to the drowsiness, she turned on her handphone. There's no message other than Danielle's. She sent Haerin some photos visiting Outlier's social sector with Eunchae. "I guess they're having fun"

Haerin sent some encouragements through words and entrusted a greeting for Eunchae because she was not close enough to have her contact.

Haerin put her handphone down as she heard Y/n's voice calling for her from the kitchen. When she got out of the room, dinner had been waiting on the dining table. It looked really fancy, as if they were celebrating their anniversary.

"I prepare steak for both of us" Y/n said while arranging the seats. Now Haerin remembered, that Y/n always cooked steak for every special occassion.

Haerin took a seat across to Y/n and grabbed the knife and the fork, ready to eat, "shall we eat then?"

Y/n just nodded and grabbed her eating utensil as well.

"Does my arrival surprise you?" Haerin said before savouring a mouthful of tender meat.

"Of course! We just texted each other yesterday night and you didn't say anything. Moreover, your trip doesn't usually take over in late September, isn't it supposed to be last month?"

"I know, right? We could have celebrated your birthday together if they hadn't messed with the schedule" it only brought annoyance for Haerin to hark back at the memory.

Y/n just gave a reassuring smile, a way to tell her that 'it's okay' wordlessly. Now Haerin realized it, she really smiled a lot. Not that she's complaining, but... she liked it honestly.

They had interfaces throughout their dinner, it's vary in topics, not between a creator and a dreamer, there's no 'above' and 'below' between them, this room was filled with two people who yearned to meet each other for so long.