Lost in You

"So, what's been bothering you this time?" Y/n offered a cup of hot coffee which Haerin gladly accepted.

"I just receive a message from my teacher. She gives us a sudden task, it's not due today, but..." A sigh came out naturally. What's wrong with those people changing things casually? They said that it's up to her about her own activities.

"Is there anything I can help with?" Y/n sat beside me, trying to tell me that she was not going to reject my 'rejection' easily.

"Actually, yes. We need another concept, anything, it doesn't have to be related to this sector. Anything impossible will be fine either. Can you give me an idea?"

Haerin could tell Y/n's expression right now. 'Why didn't you tell me sooner? That's our thing.'

Yep, it's definitely what Haerin thought it is. "It's our specialty to make complicated things sound more impossible. You ask the right person" Was it just Haerin or did Y/n's smug face appeared just now?

"Anyway, has it ever occurred to you? When you're listening to a specific genre of music, it might trigger the same genre of your memories. For example, if it's a sad song you're listening to, a sorrowful, regretful, or bittersweet memory might pass by in your mind though you don't even think about it before. Next, do you have a memory you cherish?" Y/n stopped to give Haerin a question. What is this... A sudden interview? Nevertheless, Haerin proceeded to grab a pen, about to write what Y/n had said and what she was about to say.

"Lots"

"Good. Do you want to replay those memories back?" Haerin was taken aback by her question, more like it's confusing to be exact. What's with Y/n suddenly becoming an MC? "I have those inside my mind. It's easy to visualize it even without the help of any songs. What does 'replay' in your statement mean to begin with?"

"Well..." Y/n stroked her bangs backward, exposing her forehead as she was looking at the ceiling now. Probably trying to search for the right words because she realizes that she had been confusing Haerin. On the other hand, Haerin might sound like a person who hated hearing things that she ended up opposing anything Y/n had said, but in reality, her creator mind was so curious that she was waiting for details.

"Have you ever wondered, when someone is unconscious, for a long time, will they have a long dream as well? That's the concept I'm talking about! Let the memories become their dream instead. Using music as the trigger, that person will have a vivid evocation. It's not like a common dream where you see yourself in a movie, but you're seeing the world in the first point of view, like how you see me with your eyes right now" Y/n put her hands on Haerin's cheeks, her eyes look straight to Haerin's as well.

She had no time to be charmed right now, though it was hard to resist.

That's how it is.

Not only imagine the impression, but you get to revive the emotion you're actually feeling during that moment took place. It wouldn't be like how Haerin saw herself and Y/n looking at each other, but it's how Haerin felt a strange feeling when Y/n looked straight at her. The fondness Haerin felt was the point Y/n was trying to say.

To give the opportunities for people to 'replay' their memories. That's nice.

"But... I don't know how to make them unconscious. Should we wait for them to fall asleep and it will be less efficient or inject something and it won't be good for consistent usage?

"Wh- wait wait. You sound like a weirdo just now, so don't think excessively"

Now they're laughing at each other. Then Y/n's waiting for Haerin to finish writing her idea. She keeps glancing at the busy girl.