A New Life

Haerin remembered the first time she met Minji and Hanni. She was walking with no destination in mind. The technology she created wasn't able to work at first. For the first time, she felt like a foolish person. Trying to keep her dreams awake, just to be disheartened.

Haerin sat in the outer alley, not knowing what to do, half giving up on her situation. Then two strangers came to her, "Excuse me, I have been looking at you walking earlier with this outfit I've never seen before. May I know the brand?"

Of course, there's no response from Haerin. She's never heard the language. She doesn't know what the girl's talking about.

"Sorry, you must find us rude for not introducing ourselves. My name is Kim Minji and this is my assistant, Hanni. We're the owner of Flomorist, a fashion company. We're very interested in your outfit and my assistant can't find any information related to yours"

Haerin was about to cry cause of the sudden stress she was feeling, but suddenly her technology was working. At first, they didn't want to respond, so Haerin thought there were problems with them, but now blue light that could only be seen by Haerin filled her view.

It showed her 3 sentences, the best answer to say.

"I- design it myself, just for fun, so it's not in the market" Haerin looked relieved as she finally knew what the strangers meant.

Somehow, Haerin thought that was a great coincidence to meet the girls, it started from the brand to a topic about where Haerin lived. She had no place, it hadn't been even 3 hours since she arrived there.

The owner named Kim Minji offered her a place to live, in exchange for her skill to design things. Haerin didn't know why they never thought of her as a defector or something.

Before going home, Minji brought Haerin to a cafe, which Haerin now visits from time to time. Looking at this universe Y/n for the first time gave enough reason for Haerin to stay and survive.

She never knew why coincidences kept happening to her easily. A chain of events happened right away, so hard to explain. To Haerin, that Y/n was another coincidence.

Y/n is a freshman at a university at that time. She works part-time to pay for her own tuition fee. Anyone who hears her story probably will say that it's the most boring life, but Haerin, she's happy for Y/n.

Haerin might never talk to Y/n about her life, but seeing the girl tries her hardest for her own dream, where the world allows her to, Haerin is really grateful for that.

Until now, Haerin is still living with Minji. She's like her own sister. Despite how mysterious Haerin's background is, she never asks about her past. Actually, Haerin isn't planning to open up about it either.

A fresh start is what she wants, so anything besides that can be forgotten.

"Oh, Haerin. You're home" Haerin finds Minji sitting in the living room. "How's work?" Minji adds.

"It's fine. Is there anything I can help with?" scattered paper on the table filled with so many designs, Haerin decides to take a look. "I think you can erase the line here and put it somewhere else, maybe here" and she points out the sleeve.

Work seems to finish faster when Haerin is involved, "I'm sorry, Haerin. You must be tired, but you volunteer to help me as well"

Usually, Haerin would tease the older girl by asking for treats, but this time, realizing how her current work can't be compared to the past, she says 'It's okay' tenderly.

With the topic of work finished, Minji talks about another thing, "I will take you to Spotilist Cafe as a treat tomorrow. What do you say?"

"Hmm"

Haerin is weirdly quiet to Minji's dismay that day. Something must have happened, that's what Minji thinks.

"When will you talk to Choi Y/n?" Minji suddenly asks. She can see the shocked Haerin.

"You see, if you really like her, why don't you try talking to her?"

"She's still a college student" Haerin retorts.

"Talking doesn't mean you're dating. There's nothing wrong with talking. You can start as friends. If you really enjoy her company, then you can go to the next level at the right time. It doesn't have to be now" Minji explains to Haerin, hoping the other girl can see her intent.

Y/n's existence is what Haerin's looking for. Y/n is created for Haerin only. That's what she wants to believe. No matter how people would call her selfish, she really wants to go to Y/n.

However, existence talks about perfection as well. Because A exists, B becomes perfect, and B feels complete. If somehow Y/n's existence perfects Haerin's, what will happen if Haerin takes what isn't hers?

"I will... try"

"No, it's okay. If you're not ready, then you don't have to. It's just hurting me that you keep thinking about it. I thought it was because you had no courage, but there's more than that, right?"

Haerin stays mum because it's better for her to be quiet.