Chapter 20

"I'm in love with you," I heard. It couldn't have come from Louis. He sat there, looking into my eyes. I realized then that he had been the one who said it. Louis was in love with me? I couldn't speak. "Haylie?" he said, wiping a tear from his cheek.

"I-I," was the only think that escaped my mouth. I couldn't hurt him, so, mostly, I didn't WANT to say anything.

"I'm sorry, Haylie," he apologized. I shook my head abruptly in response.

"No, don't be sorry. I am the one who should be sorry," I said in a rush. His eyes suddenly became deep and watery. He bit his lip and I watched as a tear rolled down his cheek. "Lou," I said, cuddling into his shoulder. I tried to contain my own tears. A whimper escaped my lips as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Stop it," he muttered. "I'm crying in front of you over something stupid and you are crying to. You don't need to."

"Louis, when you're upset I'm upset okay! You are like my brother Lou, and I never want to change that. It would ruin everything. Plus, I think I'm in love with Harry," I said. I immediatly regretted saying that. "I-I'm just gonna go," I finished and ran out of the room.

I hate upseting him. I closed the door behind me and ran into someone when I turned around. It was Harry. I backed up against the door. "W-were you right there the whole time?" I asked him abruptly. He nodded in response. His tense face expression never faded.

"Excuse me," he said. He pushed me roughly out of the way so he could enter Louis' room.

*Louis' POV*

Right after Haylie had left the room, Harry came bursting through the door. Almost literally bursting through the door. I jumped as the door slammed against the wall. "I heard what happed, Louis," he told me. He had a tense look on his face and his veins were pulsing.

"W-w-what?" I noticed myself shaking. When Harry was mad, he got violent. I was a lot smaller than him. If he threw a punch, I don't think I could survive.

"You stay away from my girlfriend. This is your warning. I know you like her too. If I catch you talking to her again, look forward to some damage," he threatened. My eyes were wide, watching as Harry left, slamming the door on the way out.