Chapter 26

**this is an important chapter, so I guess 10 votes for 27 :)**

Harry and I walked up to the door of his house in silence, holding hands. Ever since I got fired, I missed seeing the boys. Well, Harry would at least let me see Niall, Liam, and Zayn. Harry slipped the key into the lock, turning the knob and opening the door.

To no surprise of mine, Niall was raiding the fridge. "Haylie!" he shouted. He ran over to me and gave me a tight hug. I laughed, my feet leaving the floor for a brief moment as he spun me.

"Hi Niall," I said once he let go of me. I felt Harry's hand wrap around my waist and pull me closer again. I heard a door close upstairs, and Zayn appeared at the top of the stairs, with Liam following behind. I waved as they walked down the stairs.

Zayn gave me a hug first, and then Liam followed. "What's new with you?" Zayn asked. I sighed, wondering if they had heard.

"Did you hear about me getting fired?" I asked them slowly.

"No!" Niall exclaimed, taking a bite of his sandwich. "Why did you get fired?"

"Simon found out about me and Harry. But I don't know if I will be able to pay rent, much less cable or electricity. I may have to stay here for a little while." I told them. Niall's eyes widened, and Zayn and Liam's followed.

"Can I talk to you for a sec?" Harry whispered. I nodded, and he pulled me into the kitchen. "Staying here wouldn't be a problem. I mean, I would love it. But, are you sure we're ready for something like that? And what will Simon and management think?" he quietly said to me.

"I can't believe I have to say this, but, fuck what management thinks! Plus, I think we're damn ready for it!" His lips curled into a grin when I said these words.

"Okay, let's do it." He whipped his phone out of his pocket, and typed in a number quickly. "Hello Simon?" There was chatter on the other end. "Yes, could you come to the house please? I want to ask you something." There was a pause. "Great! Bye!" He hung up.

"So, what happens when he gets here?" I asked him.

"We sit him down, and tell him about our plan to live together. I think he will agree. Let's keep our hopes up." I smiled at Harry, and he kissed my lips.

"I'm so excited about this," I muttered to him.

"Me too, baby."

Louis' POV

I heard the door open and close downstairs, and I knew it was Harry. I was trying to avoid him after the other day. It wasn't hard, since he spent every night at Haylie's house. I still was madly in love with her. I thought about her all the time.

Nothing took my mind off of her. I even talked to Eleanor about it. She gave some advice, but none of it helped. I realized I had a massive headache. I ran my hand through my tangled hair. I was hungry, and it seemed like a good time, since I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

I opened my door, and I saw all the guys except Harry sitting on the couch. I walked down the stairs quickly, but stopped when I heard talking in the kitchen.

Yes, could you come to the house please? I want to ask you something." It was Harry. "Great! Bye!"

"So, what happens when he gets here?" My stomach flipped. She's here.

"We sit him down, and tell him about our plan to live together. I think he will agree. Let's keep our hopes up." At that moment, I think my heart dropped to my feet. She's going to be living here? How will I handle this? How will I stay away from her?

Haylie's POV

I heard footsteps run up the stairs, and I looked into the other room. Niall, Liam, and Zayn were still on the couch. Niall was waving to get my attention. He then mouthed, 'Louis heard you guys talking'. I gasped. "What's wrong?" Harry asked.

"Nothing. Hey, can I go take a look at your room and bathroom? You know, in preparation for us living together." I loved how that sounded. Harry grinned at me and nodded. I walked toward the stairs, and then up them. I snuck into Louis' room and shut the door quietly.

"What-"

"Shh!" I told him.

"You shouldn't be here," he told me. I looked at him, slowly walking toward the bed. His hair was tousled, his face pale. He played with the comforter, and I sat down.

"You overheard us talking?"

"You're going to live here? Why?"

"Well, I'm in kind of a financial jam, since I got fired."

"You got fi-" he began to yell. I threw my hand over his mouth.

"Be quiet!" I whispered. He nodded. I let go and he pursed his lips.

"Why are you here?"

"To make sure you're okay." There was a long pause. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"I'm fine." I saw in his eyes that he had been crying the past few days.

"Louis." I slid my hand over to his and he bit his lip.

"Okay, I'm not fine," he admitted. His eyes got watery, and he swallowed hard.

"Aww, Louis, it's okay." I gave him a hug, and and he cried into my shoulder. "Shh." He hugged me back and I desperately wished I could do something to make him feel better. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be sorry. The only thing you have to be sorry for is being beautiful." I leaned away from Louis, and tears were still rolling down his face. I wiped them from his face and he smiled.

"Well, I'm gonna go downstairs," I whispered to him, filling the long silence. I leaned in to peck his cheek, when I realized I had gotten his lips. They were soft, and I felt him start to kiss back suddenly. I pulled back and gasped, realizing what happened.

Louis' POV

She leaned in closer to my face, and my heart dropped to my feet again. Her lips pressed against mine and my lips began to tingle. I kissed back, when she leaned away and gasped. My eyes widened at her, and she felt her lips, as if someone had told her she had ink on her lip.

"I-It was an accident," she stuttered. She got off the bed and ran out of the room. My lips felt like someone had shocked them. I'm going to get beaten up tomorrow, by Harry.