Chapter 3

Camila's POV

After that meaningful stare, Ms. Jauregui makes her way back to her desk and begins to hand out chapter books to the students. When she gets to my desk, she hands me the book and I absentmindedly reach out for it. When I reach out to grab it, I begin to feel butterflies forming in my stomach. I realize that instead of holding the book I'm holding her hand. I get this electrifying feeling and I look up and see the same shocked impression in her beautiful flawless face. Ms. Jauregui quickly lets go and continues handing out the books. After she finished passing them out. She said that we needed to finish reading them by the end of the week. Dinah came back into the classroom approaching her desk next to mine.

"What did I miss?" She asked, sitting down on her seat. "Ooh umm nothing much. We just have to finish reading this book by the end of the week." I explain to her, completely ignoring my previous feeling.

When it was time to go, Dinah realized she didn't receive a book. After everyone left, leaving Normani, Ally, Laurel, Dinah and I in the classroom, Dinah asked for a book. Ms. Jauregui handed her a book smiling. I felt like my world just stopped. That smile made me feel 100,000 emotions at once. As we left the classroom we noticed Laurel stay behind.

"I'll catch up with you guys, I need to get my text books from Ms. Jauregui." Laurel told us. "Okay we'll be by Normani's locker, where we met this morning." I explained to Laurel. "Alright ill see you guys there." Laurel nods as she begins to turn to Ms. Jauregui. We leave the classroom and close the door.

When we get to Normani's locker Dinah begins to laugh hysterically. "What are you laughing at?" Normani inquires while grinning. "Did you guys not see Camila's face when Ms. Jauregui walked in?" Dinah teased in between laughs. "Shut up Dinah, I was simply shocked that our teacher isn't an old lady." I defend myself. "You were surprised that she was HOT honey." Dinah laughs. Before I could say anything else, Laurel came back with a weird smile on her face.  

"Did you get your books?" Ally asked her. "Yeah, can I put them in someone's locker? I still don't have mine yet." She asked to no one in particular. "You can put them in mine if you want." Normani speaks up. Laurel thanks her and puts her books inside Normani's locker. "What classes do you have next?" Dinah asked her. Laurel handed her schedule to Dinah and all of us looked at it. "Oh you have Calculus with Ally, Chemistry with Camila, Art with Dinah, and Gym with all of us !" Normani said excitedly. 

It seemed like Normani got too excited for everything regarding Laurel. It's not that I was jealous that she gave her a lot of attention, it's just that there was something strange about her. I don't know, that could just be me overthinking. Over all, Laurel did seem like a very good person. 

The bell rang and I headed to my next class with Dinah. Luckily, I have all classes with her except for art. When we got to class, there was only one thing that was stuck in my mind. That was Ms. Jauregui. I didn't pay attention throughout the whole entire period until the teacher called on me.

"Camila, this is my classroom. Don't day dream about your crush here. You can do that all you want after class." The teacher said annoyed. "Damn! I didn't know Ms. Jauregui was capable of distracting you even if she wasn't there." Dinah teased, laughing really hard. I ignored her comment and tried to pay attention but I obviously couldn't because that beautiful girl was making my world turn upside down.

I was waiting for the bell to ring so i can go to lunch already. After 5 minutes the bell finally rung and I rushed out of the classroom to meet with the girls. After we sat down, at our lunch table, the girls began asking Laurel a few questions.

"So do you have a boyfriend?" Dinah begins. "No, I'm enjoying my single life right now. What about you guys? Do you guys have boyfriends?" Laurel asks smiling. "No, I broke up with my boyfriend last week." Dinah sighs, looking down at the table. "I think I'm going to break up with my boyfriend soon, I don't see things working out between us anymore." Normani  frowns. "I'm still in search for one." Ally says as she takes a bite of her food. "What about you Camila? Do you have a boyfriend?" Laurel asks me. "Umm no. Im not interested in having one anytime soon." I respond with a half smile. "That's good, that means less stress." Laurel reassures me with a smile.