Chapter 9

Dinah's POV:

"You guys ready to piss your pants out of horror?" I exclaim entering the movie theatre with the girls, Troy, Jay Jay, and Malcolm. It has been a few days since we planned this at lunch.

I was more than happy that we were all hanging out together, although it took a lot of convincing to bring Camila here.

Ally was right, she automatically disagreed on going, but of course, I used my convincing skills and made her come.

"Why did you even bring me here Dinah!" Camila whines. "Because I didn't want to leave you home alone, what if you threw a party without me? Hell no Mila, you aren't throwing parties unless I'm there."

"Dinah you know damn well I hate parties."

"Whatever. But c'mon lets hurry cause the movie is about to start." I rush them and make our way into the room where the movie was playing.

I purposely made Normani and Camila sit next to me so Jay Jay and Laurel could be seated next to each other. There wasn't enough space in the row we were seated, so they had to go to a different row together. Troy and Ally basically left us because they were sitting above us, in the very top row. Malcolm, he was sitting next to Normani but was too busy on his phone.

"Camila if I were you, I would go to the bathroom right now before the movie starts because you're always missing parts of the movie whenever you have to pee." I suggest. She nods and heads out to the restroom.

"Hey Malcolm, can you please go get us two bags of popcorn and some drinks please? The line is probably smaller now." Normani asks. The curly haired brunette nods and makes his way out through the doors. Normani watches intently as he exists. Once he's gone, Normani suddenly turns around and taps me on the arm and lowers her head close to my ear.

"Hey Dinah, I wanted to ask you something the other day. Who do you think Camila is seeing?" She whispers.

"I don't know. She doesn't want to tell me and whenever I ask her, she gets so pissed off."

"Is it just me or has Camila been acting pretty strange lately."

"I swear Normani! I was thinking the same thing!"

"Why though? How come she's so afraid to tell us the name of the guy she's seeing."

"What if... it's not a guy." Normani says uncertainly.

"What are you trying to say?" I raise my eyebrow and get this weird feeling in my stomach.

"Well, what if the reason why she never tells us about her crushes or anything, is because she's into girls." She explains. "Normani, I'm not gonna lie but, I kind of agree with you."

"Because if you think about it, it all adds up. It makes sense. You know the reason why she's always distant during lunch and after school. She's always so mysterious."

"Damn. Normani, you do realize everything you just said makes sense?"

"Yeah but we can't make assumptions. After all, Camila is a very closed in person." She shrugs.

I see Malcolm coming back in with two bags of popcorn and a cup holder tray, he went to Troy and handed him a drink and another one for Ally.

I quickly turn to Normani and quietly tell her, "Hey, we'll discuss this later when we have a chance okay? Matter a fact, as soon as the movie finishes, lets go to my house and talk to her about this."

Normani just nodded and waited for Malcolm to come and hand us our food. Eventually he came and so did Camila. She sat next in her seat, next to me, and immediately stuffed popcorn into her mouth.