Chapter 13

Rihanna's POV

On the last period of school, a student came into the classroom handing me note and then walked out.

You have been assigned to after school detention. Report to room 224 right after school. Please make sure you have something to work on while you're in there. If you don't have any homework, then have a book available to read. If you do not report, you will be assigned detention for the whole week.

Fucking great. I forgot that the dumb ass teacher gave me detention for taking too long when I was supposedly in the bathroom. Lauren was the one that made me get it since she texted me to go to her classroom. The worst thing was that Lauren didn't even do anything to get me out of it. That bitch.

When it was time to leave, I went to the classroom where detention was being held. "You can take a seat anywhere as long as you stay silent for the whole hour." A wrinkly man with a white mustache said as he sat on his chair with his feet on top of the desk.

I sat on one of the corners of the back of the classroom. I took out a book and hid my phone behind it so the old teacher wouldn't catch me on it.

Fifteen minutes later, a guy wearing a white
t-shirt with a leather jacket walked in.

"You're late. You know what that means, you're serving lunch detention tomorrow for not getting here on time. Now go take a seat." The teacher ordered, clearly annoyed.

The guy took his time to look around for a desk to sit in. He just so happened to sit in the desk right next to mine. I saw as he took out several sheets of crumpled paper, one of the pages looked like the math homework we got assigned today. Damn, it looked like a tornado destructed the inside of his backpack because there was a mess in there.

"Hey, do you have a book I can borrow?" He whispered as his blue eyes looked up from his backpack. I then reached into my own backpack and handed him a book that I hadn't even read.

"Thanks. So why are you in here?" The blue eyed guy questions, paging through the book out of boredom. "I took too long in the restroom." I answer, not really making an effort to make something up.

I couldn't help but intently stare at him. I probably looked creepy as hell but something about him seemed familiar. I've never seen him here at school but I know I've seen him somewhere.

"Let me guess, one of your friends was in there and you guys talked for a long ass time, am I right?"

"Wow! How did you know?" I say sarcastically, shifting my body to face him. "Lucky guess." He shrugs, looking down at his phone when he received a text message.

"Hey! Turn that off! No using phones in here unless you want it confiscated." The middle aged man shouted from the front of the classroom.

"Sorry sir, I forgot to turn it off before I came in."

As the guy next to me turned off his phone, I was trying to remember where I saw him before. I swear I've seen him at some place around here.

After a while, I realized I was staring too much because he eventually noticed and lifted up an eyebrow.

"So why are you in here?" I cleared my throat while averting my eyes from him. "Wouldn't you like to know?" He smirks, taking off his jacket and placing it on the side of his backpack.

"I was trying to ditch but I got caught." The fair skinned brunette admits, stretching out his arm.

I caught a glimpse at the scar that ran from his forearm to his wrist. He must've noted my staring because he was quick to turn his arm from me.