Chapter 12

"I didn't think you'll remember my name." The young child blushed, shifting from side to side in a shyly manner. "Of course I'll remember a girl as beautiful as you. So what are you doing here? Wait, don't tell me you got lost again?"

"No, I'm not lost this time. I saw you from far away with your friend but I didn't want to interrupt you guys. So I saw that she left and I just wanted to come say hi. I brought you this too by the way." Sofia extended the arm that was hidden behind her back and handed me a beautiful, white daisy.

"Wow, this is so pretty. Thank you so much." My heart fluttered due to the small brunette's simple gesture. Most little kids these days wouldn't even give a proper thank you if you helped them find their parents, and if they did thank you, they wouldn't remember you if they saw you again. By far, this young girl is one of the best kids I've ever met.

Looking at her brought me a sense of familiarity. I just couldn't quite grasp what was so familiar about her.

I turned my head and saw Camila from afar, returning from grabbing her phone from the car. "Hey look, my friend is coming back, you can stay and say hi to her too." Just as the brown eyed child was about to answer, an older woman's voice was heard, calling out her name.

"I have to go now, Lauren. My grandma is calling for me. I'll see you later." Hesitantly, she leaned into me, wrapping her small arms around me. Holy shit, I forgot she knew my real name. I waved at her, feeling a little bit relieved she didn't stay or else she might've said my name in front of Camila and things could've went down hill from there.

As soon as she left, I heard that sweet tone that made my heart and soul go into a paradise that no one could enter, only me.

"Who was that little girl, babe?" Camila asked, sitting behind me, wrapping her arms on my neck and making me lean back onto her.

"It's just some little girl who I helped find her grandmother the other day at a store, the poor girl was lost." As I answered, I leaned my head backwards, looking at her upside down. Instead of answering, she kissed my forehead, my nose, then finally my lips.

I couldn't help but feel guilt every single time my lips connected with Camila's. She was just an innocent girl who wanted happiness in her life. Her childhood was ripped away by mysterious reasons that now I'm trying to solve. She's been lied to about her mother's death. She doesn't know anything about what really happened, but what she also doesn't know anything about is the person who she's kissing right now.

Another thing that scares me is what the hell am I gonna do once the mission is over. I can't just be like Surprise! I'm not actually a teacher, I'm an undercover agent whose real name is Lauren and not Skylar. Oh, and you know Laurel? Well she's an undercover agent too. Her real name is Rihanna by the way, just in case you were wondering.

What would happen to her if she were to find out? What would happen to me if I revealed such a secret? What would happen to us?

I can't just get rid of all this that we have going on. Believe it or not, this is the most special I've ever felt with a person. As soon as I laid eyes on Camila, my heart sped at such a high rate, that I was 10 seconds away from calling the paramedics. She's such an astonishing person.

Her brown eyes... God those brown eyes. I understand how cliché it is to fall in love with someone's eyes but whenever I look into them, another secret is revealed about her. The weird part is that she doesn't even reveal them to me by vocalizing them.

If anything I should arrest Camila Cabello. She's guilty of charge for stealing my heart.

-