10

A/n: I created Beam as someone who says what he thinks right away and doesn't even try to lie or pretend. While maintaining innocence 🥹

_________

"Beam?"  You grunted as you looked at the devil next to you.

Still wondering why he has that name.

"Yeah." he said happily. "Do you need something?"

You looked at him questioningly.

He didn't come through the door. He came through the floor.

No one was here to let it in.

That's why you doubt he can do anything for you.

Asking him for anything he needs to bring is not something you can do.

In the end, he won't be able to do it.

You don't even know if you can trust him completely.

After all, all you know about him is his name and that he's a shark. The devil.

Even if his face shows he's not like everyone else...

You can't trust him that quickly.

Perhaps he's here to get information out of you?

Or maybe you will also try to find out something?

"Beam..." you muttered quietly, turning your head away.

"Mmh?" He looked at you, listening carefully.

"Why did you say that I am a mermaid?" you asked.

His mouth stayed open for a moment.

"...Miss..." he spoke up. Well, he couldn't lie. So he wanted to tell the whole truth. "You're not a mermaid..."

You looked at him seriously.

The surprise in his eyes.

"What?"

"You are not a mermaid. Miss."

Tears suddenly welled up in your eyes.

There was fury on your face.

"Then why did you say that?! If it wasn't for that, I would have been home a long time ago! I wouldn't have to go through that!" you screamed, backing away from him.

When you raise your voice, he looked like a scolded animal. Like a little dog being yelled at for doing something he couldn't do.

You wanted to apologize to him because you're not like that. You are not the aggressor type. You don't take it out on others for what they've done. You always tried.

"Why did you do this to me?! If it wasn't for that, they wouldn't have locked me up here! Explain it to them! Tell the whole truth!"

"I'm sorry... I can't do that..." He said softly.

"Why?!"

"Because if I say that and Makima-san believes that there is something else about you, I may be at risk ."

"Risk?! You're the devil! I'm human!"

"If I do something without orders, without permission, they will kill me."

Hearing that, you calmed down a bit.

How can they work with the devil to kill him later if he doesn't follow orders?

"You work with devil hunters and say they can kill you? It does not make sense!"

"Devils in this organization are for hunters as weapons against other devils. If they manage to control us, we get missions. If we do something that wasn't in the orders, we'll be killed as soon as possible. Even if we don't pose a threat to humans for the most part..."