17

Mermaid magic, huh...

It couldn't even work. You've never seen a mermaid.

You've never heard any song that lures you to someone.

You just lived there. You were just there. With your own mind.

That's why you believe Galgali wasn't lying.

„However, what is inside you is so weak that you can't hear the siren's song. Maybe we were drawn to you for a while. But I don't feel anything that compels me to be close to you. I do it of my own free will. And I want to do that. So take that sad look off your face. Your smile looks so much prettier."

Even if the siren is in you, it's so weak that it's better not to say how powerful it is. Because a devil without a body is a devil without power.

But the mermaid has a body. Except it's not her body. This is your body.

It doesn't belong to anyone else. This is your body.

You would never give control of your body to anyone or anything.

But if you believe that there is no mermaid in you, why when you look at your reflection in the water do you see that your eyes are an unnatural dark blue? How is that even possible? Your eyes have never been that color. So why now...

You saw it while you were waiting for Beam to come out of the water.

You know that in a few days you will be able to leave the house.

This more than a month long stay-at-home trial is almost over.

So the first thing you want to do is show off your favorite spots to them.

So they can see what you like. And that you can spend time together.

It's all about letting them enjoy life too.

You doubt that they as devils have the right to do what they want.

There was always a hunter to guard them.

Someone was always responsible for them.

Something could still happen, and someone else was someone who was their superior.

Now you were responsible for them?

They wouldn't do anything.

Galgali is so calm among people. He does not pay attention to the differences between him and man. He just has a care that other Devils don't have.

Beam is more energetic. But you think that the two of you will be able to control it without any problems.

But for now, you don't have to worry about that.

For now, you need to find out what's going on with your whole life with the devil in you...

"Beam!"

When you didn't see him swimming out, you walked a few meters to stand on a small bridge.

You'll never jump into the water without him. There's no new thing for you to do, since you know you won't float when you do.

That's why you're standing on a dry, sun-warmed bridge.

Even though the sun was starting to set, it was still bright enough for you to see it.

At least his head fin...

What if he's gone too far and can't hear you?

What if he ran away?

You will be responsible for it.

Doesn't he listen to you?

After all, Beam always came when you called him. Otherwise. He was always beside you. He was always watching your movements, waiting for the right moment to come and hug you.

This person was just someone showing affection in a physical way.

His love language is physical touch.

Galgali, on the other hand, is a combination of this with acts of service and words of affirmation.

"Beam!"

Still nothing.

You thought maybe it would be easier to call him somehow when you were in the water. But you won't go in the water...

Once you jump in there, you won't be able to come ashore later.

Well, if at least the water wasn't too deep beyond that bridge. However, this is a deep drop, and you certainly won't be able to reach the ground underwater with your feet.

So you prefer not to risk it.

You don't want to die while looking for that boy.

You walked to the end of the bridge, screaming again.

What is the possibility that he heard you and is already coming from somewhere?

It's a half and half chance.

He might as well be deep and already he can flow to you. But you don't see him. After all, he has very keen senses.

However, you would prefer him to appear on the horizon, and you would see him swimming towards you.

If he suddenly jumps onto the bridge or appears in front of you, swimming out of the water, you can have a heart attack.

Or maybe you could try to lure him somehow by moving the water?

Then he knelt on the flat wood of the bridge and leaned lower, reaching into the water that was nearby.

But you quickly backed away when you saw your face clearly reflected in the water.

Those glowing blue eyes again.

You tilted your head to see that your reflection wasn't following your movement.

"What..." you muttered seeing your reflection smiling slightly.

And then "she" raised her hand higher. Exactly as if it touched the surface of the water. But her hand did not appear above the water.

Out of curiosity, he slowly extended his hand further. And suddenly he put your fingers in line with hers. You clearly felt solid. It wasn't just water.

It's like you're touching your body.

But... She's not human...

She saw her skin glow. A few scales on the face?
She smiled harder. But it was a nice smile.

She suddenly moved away.

Before you could say anything.

"W-Wait!"

And then you saw her body curl up with what looked like a fish. Fish tail.

Mermaid...

Her tail almost gleamed beneath the surface of the water.

Just like her eyes. But the rest of the body looked like you.

Medusa-like clothing on her arms and torso. Covering the skin.

It shone nicely.

The only thing that didn't shine were parts of your body.

Why didn't anyone tell you that the Mermaid was such a beautiful creature? Why didn't you know it was a spirit that took the form of the body it is in now?

She looks like you because she's in your body.

It's a water spirit. That's why you can only see it in water. And also she cannot leave the water, because she will not be visible.

She laughed soundlessly.

And then she disappeared.

And before you saw something swimming towards you, you saw Beam's face very close to yours. And suddenly you felt his wet lips touch yours as he floated out from under the surface.