22

"You shouldn't get up if you don't feel well."

You looked at the man in the mask at the kitchen counter as he held a knife.

Why does he care about you so much? Why does he like cooking for you so much and watching you eat what's on your plate with gusto?

Why do you keep seeing evidence that devils are more human than humans?
They care about you and watch over you. They are always with you.

For you, Beam wants revenge. For you, he sailed somewhere you don't know. You have no idea where he is or how far away. You don't know anything that might happen or has happened.

You have no idea how you can help him...

You don't know anything that could be useful now.

"Am I a burden to you?" You asked suddenly.

"Huh?"

"You were sent here by me..."

"Yes. But you're not a burden. We were sent here with you according to the mission. Beam is listening to you. And the headquarters also decided that you were also a devil." He laughed. "They sent you here thinking you would be fighting devils. They sent you here because they didn't know about you. Nothing. You are human (y/n). You don't need to fight something that's not human."

"Because of me... Just because I'm weak, you can get into trouble..."

Beam is not calm. He would go anywhere you go. He did everything you want. You are his Miss. Here you have no opportunity to deny it.

"Nothing is your fault. They sent you here because they wanted to fight the octopus with you. But you can't fight. You're not like us. You can't regenerate. You can't fight. People are fragile creatures. You are the fragile person we promised to protect from the devils." He placed a hand on your shoulder, pulling you closer.

"You say that like I'm a total weakling..." you laughed lightly.

"I didn't say that. But you don't have to feel guilty that he went to fight for you. He likes fighting. He likes this kind of thing. Look. There's something you're forgetting."

You watched as his hands grabbed the knife he had put down. And suddenly he cut his forearm and a large amount of blood began to flow out quickly.

"What are you?!" You screamed, grabbing his hand in horror.

"I can regenerate. Even if I cut off my hand, I will live. Same as Beam. Even if he comes back wounded, he can be healed."

You watched the blood flow quickly down his skin.

It didn't heal... It didn't regenerate!

You watched with wide eyes until you finally remembered what devils feed on.

You reached for his mask to pick it up, even though he told you he couldn't take it off.

All you focus on is his mouth and the sharp teeth inside.
You couldn't look at the blood that was flowing out onto the floor in almost liters.

You pulled his head towards your shoulder, forcing his jaw open.

Ignoring the pain that came with his teeth forcing into your flesh, you felt blood trickle down your skin. Getting into his mouth.

He let out a surprised groan at what you suddenly did. And the taste of blood appeared on his tongue. It was so sudden that he never expected it. His hand regenerated quickly. And the awareness that your fresh blood was flowing through his lips into his throat appeared just as quickly.

Even though it tasted good, he grabbed your hands, pulling you away from his head, and pulled quickly from your skin, wiping your mouth with the back of his hand.

Keeping one hand on the open bite wound, you stared into his eyes, devoid of irises or pupils. Black bangs on his forehead. And lips that you rarely see.
Just as you worry about Beam, you worry about Galgali. He deliberately cut his hand to show that he is not the human among the two of you.

But you showed him something he hadn't experienced before. You were more worried about him than he thought was possible. He is the devil of violence. Nobody cares what happens to them.

And suddenly a fragile man who has never been taught how to meet or fight the devil voluntarily gives him his blood to make him healthy, even if he was not in any danger.

People are weird.

But seeing your happiness is more important than anything else.

"You're crazy." he said, checking the mark of his teeth on your skin.

The skin has only just healed after the transmitter implantation. And now this? You are really crazy to sacrifice yourself so much for them.

Well, you could never sacrifice anything for anyone. Because you lost everything.

And when you finally have something, you have no intention of losing anything else.

Now they are everything to you.

The only relief you now had was Galgali's arms and his words. Affirmations. He said everything would be fine. That everything will end well. That Beam will be home soon. That he will arrive even without a scratch.

You could feel his arms and look at him. You could look at his face for that long for the first time in your life. He let you watch his face smile humanly at you.

You don't want to lose it.

You never wanted to look at your reflection in the water. You knew it wasn't you there. But now the only person you could honestly talk to without anyone calling you crazy was her...

The devil living inside you since your greatest loss.

You have experienced loss. Then you gained something. You don't want to experience loss again through your own fault.

"He swam to kill the octopus..." You said to your moving reflection in the water.

"Most likely…” she replied to you, looking away.

"Can I help him somehow?" You asked with tears in your eyes. "I don't want him to die..."

"...You can not..."

"And you?" you asked without thinking.

"(y/n)–!"

You ignored Galgali who was behind you.
You gave him your blood to make him feel better. Your arm is in bandages but you don't care.

You will do everything to ensure that they live and that nothing happens to them.

And it's all your fault.

“I just want him back safely... Please help him..." you muttered as a few tears fell into the water.

Your arms trembled as you tightened fingers on the damp board.

"I'm giving you my body... You can use it however you want, it's yours now. But help him! Do anything but make him come home..."

The longer you waited for an answer, the more weak you felt. You couldn't feel your legs. Your hands were shaking. Your vision was failing.

Until you finally didn't understand what was happening to your body. You fell onto the bridge, not moving. Feeling like you had no control over your muscles at all.