12

"What do you have to do?" he asked.

Shark thought for a moment about what to say.

"Miss doesn't deserve to be locked up. She's not the devil..."

"Are you talking about her? The woman you pulled out of the water?"

He nodded.

"Miss is not the devil. The devil is just there somewhere in her. But she's not like us!"

"I don't know what you're up to, but it's still going to be stupid. Besides, why are you so interested in her? You never paid attention to people."

"...Because Miss is nice and gives me feelings like I've never felt...",

Your eyes slowly opened as you heard a bang.

So sudden you had to wake up.

Even if you slept so well. Even if you felt such relief when you could float away from the situation around you.

You could fall asleep, wrapped in a duvet on all sides.

And as soon as you opened your eyes, you saw Beam sitting in front of you with his trademark nice smile that he always puts on when he meets you. Even if you haven't known each other very long.

"Miss! I'm glad you opened your eyes when we came!" He said cheerfully, and you got scared when you heard another loud bang not far from you.

And then some screams.

"What was that?" you asked, squeezing the duvet lightly over your shoulders.

There are devils here. At any moment someone can come and attack you. Kill you in no time.

Compared to the other people here, the devil hunters, you don't know how to protect yourself from this.

Devils are strong and deadly... How can you, a normal person, protect yourself from the devil? You can't fight it...

You're not like Beam. You can't turn into the devil. You are not the devil.

And then another loud bang.

You closed your eyes as you heard a strong knock on the solid door to your room.

And then came another blow that sent the door flying off its hinges, crashing hard to the floor.

Your body was shielded by Beam's body so that the blast of air wouldn't hurt you, and nothing would be reflected back at you.

When everything was still, you looked at his shoulder. To see a human silhouette with a mask on the face.

"Oi, you shouldn't be jumping into walls if you know I can't!" He said "man" and walked over to him.

And then he seemed to notice you.

"So this is your "miss", right? You really are crazy about her. I've never seen you protect a human. You're always only focused on the fight." He said putting his hands in his pockets.

His voice suddenly changed. And it didn't sound threatening or anything. He spoke in a normal human tone. So perfect for conversation.

If it wasn't for the fact that he literally ripped out a door like this, you'd think he was human. Hunter. However, none of the hunters wear such masks, nor will they have superhuman strength to do such a thing...

Besides, you've heard he's not human.

He's also a humanoid devil...

"Excuse me for the door. I was just chasing that shark that was grinning like a madman as it rushed into that room." He said pointing to the empty doorframe. Where there should be a door but there isn't. "He's a little too wild and childish to do that, so I'll be the one to make sure you get to your new home. Even if I too will be controlled by hunters."

"A new home? After all, I'm locked up here..." you muttered, noting Beam's hands that approached the edge of the quilt you had on your body.

"While you were probably sleeping, he managed to run through all the corridors and find Makima. I was there when he told her that you are not the devil. Only her incorporeal form floats in your body."

"Incorporeal form? Wait... Beam, were you there? did you tell the truth? They could have killed you for that." You said, a little worried about him.

"I'm fine, miss! The best part is that I'm going with you to your new home!"

You looked at him questioningly.

Were you going to live with him?

"Makima believed him because he's so convincing that he can't lie and he's honest to the core. So there was no lie in what he said. By the way, I'm Galgali. More officially, among hunters, I'm just a humanoid devil of violence," he said introducing himself.

"N-Nice to meet you. My name is (y/n)..." you said.

The devil of violence? Isn't he aggressive?

Because you didn't think he was aggressive towards you.

"I know that face. You don't have to be afraid of me. Among the humanoid devils, I am perhaps one of the most peaceful. I actually don't like it when someone screams endlessly."

You looked at him questioningly.

The devil of violence who likes peace?

"Actually, Beam and I belong to the same unit, so I'm moving with you. I'm still a devil so the hunters treat me the same as everyone else, even if a lot of them probably notice that I'm not the type to hate people. That's why you don't have to be afraid of me, and I hope you won't look at me with fear and hatred."

"I... No... I will not. Since you're Beam's friend... And he's really nice. You too... At least thanks to you I won't be locked up here.... Thank you." You said. And suddenly your hand was lifted up by the boy's hands. And your fingers were placed on his head where you could feel his hair under your fingers and his fin in front.

Have you noticed that this boy seems to really like someone's touch...

He just doesn't feel the limits.

You can tell right away that since you are going to live with him, and maybe even with them, it will be fun and even cheerful.

You wish all devils were like this.

You are only surprised why this woman so easily and quickly agreed to let you out of here. Had she found out the truth?

Suddenly you got up. The duvet fell off your body to the floor, you were laid belly on your bare broad shoulder as you watched you move.

The boy ran past the second devil who sighed at his childishness.

Then as you left the room Beam started running down the hall with you on his shoulder followed by Galgali shouting for him to be careful.

You became as strong as you could to hold on to his other arm so you wouldn't fall. He ran so fast that if you fell you would be rolling on the floor.

"When are we going?" You asked, hoping he would hear.

"Now, Miss!"

___________
___

A/n: I have described here a little of the character of Galgali. I'm not sure what he really is. But I see him as a person who is more calm and gets along very well with people. He is also responsible and more caring.

If that totally doesn't match who he really is, let me know. I haven't read Chainsaw man, and all I know comes from the anime and character descriptions. 😅