19

"They can see me but they can't hear me. I don't have a body. So only you can hear me as the person in whose body I live."

"Why did you do this to them?"

"Them? Oh... You mean they're with you? I just made them curious about you. I can't use my voice because I'm too weak. I have no control over them. I can not do anything. Don't worry. They do what they do of their own free will. I don't want you hurt. And I don't want you to think they're only with you because I tell them to."

She put her hand on the glass.

As you lifted your hand, the shark's hands tightened protectively around your waist.

You looked back to see his face.

Then you met Galgali's gaze. Or so you think.

They felt a strange feeling when they saw you next to such a creature as Mermaid.

Such a mighty devil to be kind?

This is not possible.

Even if there's no body, what if she wants to do something inside of you?

She is in your body.

You've lived in harmony for years. You didn't even know she was there.

And now all of a sudden she appears to you?

Something must be wrong here.

That's why they felt the need to protect you more than to let you get too close to her.

It would be terrible if it turned out that Mermaid had bad intentions and something could happen to you.

So awful...

If they lost you, it would be very bad.

How could they forget all that you made them feel?

Such a feeling was almost always foreign to them. And now suddenly... Now suddenly they knew it. They had such a nice feeling.

There was never any declaration between you.

And now you guys are like you've been together for years.

Not friends, not lovers.

However, you are closer to lovers.

Your close-ups are getting closer.

And none of you mind.

So they don't want to lose it.

"I understand that they feel hostility towards me, right?" She asked smiling. "I swear I have no bad intentions. I'm just glad you're growing up nicely and finding happiness in life."

You saw her start to drift away.

But you had to ask a question.

Really...

"...W-Wait!" You said quickly, grabbing Beam's wrists as he held you gently but protectively.

You pulled his hands away from you and ran two meters away to where she was.

She looked at you questioningly. But there was no hostile expression on her face.

"Why... Why are you inside of me?" you asked.

A question that has been bothering you for some time.

"Why did I even survive?"

You knew the question surprised the two people standing nearby.

They knew that when you were little you almost drowned.

But they didn't know there was someone else there.

And if it wasn't for that person, you would have drowned long ago.

The Octopus Devil was the first one you saw. And you wish that devil was dead.

But the other devil wasn't Beam.

The second devil you saw was her. The Mermaid...

The devil who didn't attack you. The devil who didn't kill you.

Because she was dying then too.

"...Either we both die or we both live. Those were the words of our agreement. You made it when you were little. But all it took was a nod of the head and the will to stop and we could do it, baby." She said with a gentle smile. "I didn't like it at first, but I was dying and so were you. If I hadn't, we'd both be dead by now. You were like finding something impossible. In the whole ocean, I managed to find a human and survive. My body has disappeared and I am in your body. I took control of your body and swam to shore. If I die now, nothing will happen to you. When you die, we both die. That's why I promised myself I'd protect you so you wouldn't die too soon. Even if sometimes things don't work out for me..."

"So you..."

"I've been taking care of you from the beginning, (y/n)." she replied. "I'm not a bad person. I want you well. When you fell into the water and couldn't swim out at that moment, I wanted to take control so you wouldn't die. However, later a shark appeared. And I didn't want to risk him attacking. I knew he could sense me. But I tried to use all my strength to make him not hostile and help you. I had no control over anything else. I have no influence on them. My song doesn't work. And now I feel safe with Shark devil and Violence devil by my side."

Suddenly you saw her hands coming out of the glass, outside of the aquarium.

She cupped your cheeks, placing her forehead against yours.

"I can now live peacefully again, knowing that nothing threatens our lives. Thank them for me for keeping you safe and happy."

And then she was gone, but you knew she was in you.

Did she really care about you?

Did she really not want you to die?

After all, no one wants to die.

You walked over to them again when you couldn't see her anymore.

And then this cute seal started staring at you.

You put your hand on the glass, seeing how the seal wants to cuddle up to your hand.

You felt a touch on your other hand, and saw that it was Galgali's hand.

"I think we need some clarification when we get home." He said. But you didn't hear in his voice that he was pissed.

"...Yeah." You groaned looking at him. And then you smiled slightly.

Beam put his head on yours.

His baseball cap didn't fall off, thankfully.

"We're not done with the tour yet..." You said as you tightened your fingers on his hand.

"Yes, right." He said holding your hand.

"Can we go to the sharks? I don't want to go home yet, miss." said the shark.

"Sure."

You looked at the blue light that was in this corridor.

There weren't many people here.

Were you really alone here?

You're happy if that's the case.

Because you believe what she said.

You have to thank them for protecting you and making you happy.

But you won't do it on her behalf. You can thank them because you want to thank them as you.

"Thank you for being me. For protecting me... For being with me always..."

You grabbed their arms and pulled them closer. Hugging their arms to give them a hug at the same time.

They will get an explanation. You will tell them everything as long as you can talk.