Chapter Nine: Temptations

What to wear, that was the real question. My hands were shaking like crazy. I was more nervous than I thought I would be. In my right hand, I had a tight red dress with a lower cut neckline. In my right I had a still form fitting purple dress but it was more... Refined.

Red. I liked the way it made me look. Red was the color of power and confidence. Black heels and a nice little clutch would go nicely with the dress.

So it was decided. I sat down in front of my vanity and gently curled my hair. Soft tunes flew from my lips as I applied makeup. After finishing touches, I slipped on the dress and ran my hands down my sides, satisfied with the product. Now all that was left were my accessories.

I was probably way overdressed for a simple dinner but... I had to impress, right? Right.

With my jacket around my shoulders and my heels on each foot, I slip out of my room and down the stairs. I pause as something neon catches my attention. Turning around, a see a bright yellow sticky note sticking on Robin's door. On it was the address of his new home.

I smile to myself and plug it in to my maps before sitting down in the drivers seat of my car. My heart leaped from my chest into my throat as I sat with the car in neutral. Everything was going to be fine. This was a simple dinner with Robin in his new apartment. That's all. But still. I could tell I was nervous. Very nervous. Deep breaths. There was nothing to get worked up about. I was fine.

Gentle music flowed from the car radio, soothing my anxiety. Melodic and harmonic notes floated in the music as the orchestra swelled. My fingers tapped on the steering wheel as my GPS barked out directions.

Finally I arrived at a small complex with ample parking. I turned off the car and exited the GPS app on my phone. Flipping down the little mirror I had in the car, I fixed my makeup and hair.

6:40. Perfect timing.

I slipped graciously from the car and walked slowly into the complex. Sitting right inside the door to the small lobby was another neon yellow note with a small bouquet of sunflowers. Color flushed to my cheeks as I picked up the little bundle and read the note.

'Top floor, third door on your right. See you soon ;) ~RL'

Without waiting any more, I walked towards the elevator and pressed the up button. The sunflowers were beautiful and spontaneous. They were a flower of innocence and purity instead of the common rose which pushed for more of a romantic tone. I was grateful for the refreshing and surprising switch in moods.

Upon arrival to Robin's door, I took a deep breath. This was it. Just raise my hand to knock on-

The door opened gently and there stood Robin. A warm smile spread from his lips to his piercingly blue eyes. His hair was still tousled, giving him a more relaxed look. Robin was in a white button up shirt and darker washed jeans. His eyes quickly roamed over my body, lingering on my lips for a half of a second before finding my eyes. The smile on his face widened as I grinned in return. Such the gentleman.

"Thank you so much for the flowers. They're beautiful." I whisper.

"Of course. I thought you might like them. I'm glad you came." Robin replies, setting his hand in the small of my back. The skin there jumped gently in response to his touch as he led me into the new living area. "As you can see, it's not anything special as of right now." He said before gently taking my coat.

There were a few boxes scattered around the room and a table and chairs near the kitchen. To the left, there was a couch and a few arm chairs surrounded by a coffee table. To the right was an open floor plan with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the town into the country side. "It looks great." I say through a contagious smile. "What are you talking about?"