7

TW FOR ABUSE, AND SADNESS

You woke up on the couch, with Daniel sitting on the armchair and sleeping. You crawled off of the couch, shuffling to Daniel and looking at his pocket. You shuffled closer, putting your hand in his pocket and feeling a set of keys. Bingo. You smirked, slowly starting to ease the keys out of his pocket. You successfully got them out, muttering "Hometime.." To yourself. You crawled out of the living room, and to the door. The keys jingled as you inserted them into the lock, but you couldn't do it. You couldn't just flat-out leave him. You looked back, quickly unlocking it and moving your hand to the handle... No, you cant. You looked back again, relocking it. You took the keys out, deciding to explore. You crawled to a room you hadn't yet been in, opening the door. It was a kid's room. A Girls. There were dolls, books, and a Tv. DVDs were scattered like The Bee Movie, Ants Life, Happy Feet... The bed had various stuffed animals and there were two shoes fit for a 7-year-old sitting next to the bed. What the hell is this? You backed out, closed the door, and crawled back to the living room to find an amused Daniel staring at you.

"You're so nice..." He sighed. You jolted, looking down "I-I'm sorry, Da-" You got cut off by a swift kick to the ribs, making you fall back. "IS IT COMMON SENSE NOT TO SNOOP AROUND PEOPLE'S HOMES?" He growled. He grabbed your wrist hard, making you drop the keys and get a yelp out of you. "DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND BASIC FUCKING COMMUNICATION!?" He grabbed your neck and slammed you into the wall. You had hit your head hard, and Daniel starting to strangle you. You clawed at his wrists, choking. "Da-... Danie- Da-" You could barely speak. You could see him on the verge of tears. He slammed you into the floor "I-I TOLD YOU.." He kicked you square in the face, grabbing your wrist and dragging you again. You clawed at his arm "NO NO NO PLEASE!!! I WON'T DO IT AGAIN PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!" You kicked your legs, your ankles not being fully functional though. You yelped and screamed the whole way to a room you hadn't seen. "SHUT UP!" He growled, dragging you past the door. He slammed you onto the kitchen floor, kicking you repeatedly. He grabbed a knife, flipped you over, and cut your clothes so there was a nice, big hole in them.

"You're mine, I hope you know that." He thrust the knife into your skin, making you yelp. He deeply carved 'MINE' into the skin of your back. You cried and howled in pain, trying to get him to stop. He took the knife away, grabbing the back of your head and yanking it up. "Im gonna give you a set of rules to follow." He put the knife right under your chin. "Don't try and leave. Don't go back into the room. Don't go past the staircase unless I'm with you. Don't even TOUCH phones or any devices you can use to contact somebody..." He pressed the knife against your neck. "If you break those rules, I'll pull your head back..." He lightly glided the knife against your neck, not enough to cut enough to cause fear. "And I'll kill you. Got it?" He stared at you. "Y-Yes..." You said this in a small, pathetic voice. "And start talking more. Your voice is sweet." He took the knife away, letting your head down. You got up, crying into your hands. Why didn't you leave while you had the chance?

You sniffled and cried, feeling stripped of all dignity. You rubbed your eyes, hissing. Daniel sighed, sitting in front of you. He put his hand on your shoulder, your hand moving up to take it off. He heaved a deep, breathy sigh. "Remember when we were 15?" He shuffled closer. "And we had our friend in college, who was a tattoo artist?" ... "And. And he tattooed 'Best Friends For Life' on our thighs?" ... "Then your mum screamed at you when she found it and you came to stay with me? When we stayed up all night playing on my new Xbox 360? We snuck out and got a McDonald's, and we sat and ate it outside under that streetlamp with the flickering light?..." He waited for a reply. Nothing. "And... And then we kissed?" He waited. You nodded, looking up at him and smiling weakly. "Yeah... Or when we finally moved out at around the same time, and you came to stay with me? I-In 2008?..." You giggled. "And you fell off of your bed and had to go to the hospital to get stitches since you hit your head too hard?" You laughed weakly, smiling. He chuckled, sighing "I knew that would put a smile on your face..."