Part -3 "Lost"

Virat's gaze was stuck on the letter. His face devoid of any emotions.

Bhavani tried to read his expressions and came forward asking "ab kya kiya uss Patralekha ne ? "

He didn't speak. She took the letter from him and read it aloud.
Everyone were shocked.

Virat made a call to his subordinate and told him to look for Pakhi in Railway stations and bus stops. Her passport was still with him, so he knew she wouldn't be going abroad.

"Aai...please don't cry.  I promise you that I will find Pakhi. Just give me sometime. " Virat said in a hurry, as he rushed out to the station.

"Kisiko bhi kahi bhi jaane ki zaroorat nahi hai " said Ashwini with a blank face.

"Aai ? Already dher ho chuki hai, we can't afford to wait "

"Haa... Virat. Bahut dher ho chuki hai... aur yeh baat ab bhi tum samajhte nahi ho ? "

"Virat. Kya faydha hai usse doondne mein ? Jisse jaana hai, jaane dho. Iss ghar mein aur bhi log hai. Patralekha jaise dramebaaz ke liye time nahi hai hamare paas" Bhavani said with a smile of relief.

"Kaku , aap kya keh rahe ho ? "

"Haa Virat. Sahi toh keh rahi hai Vahini. Iss ghar mein aur bhi log hai aur bahut saare kaam bhi baaki hai. Ab tho Sai aur Tere Shaadi jo karwaani hai. Mohit, karishma... kade kyun ho? Sab kaam pe lag jaao... kaku ki madad karo. Bachon ko mein tayyar karti hoo "

"Chup... Ashwini. Ek dum chup... kya bakwaas kar rahi ho tum " asked Ninad, shocked at what his wife has been blabbering.

"Wohi toh Ninad, tumhari patni paagal hogayi hai "

Ashwini looked at them and said " aaj nahi toh kal, hona tho yehi hai,"

"Bas.. aap log kyun aapas mein behes kar rahe ho ? I told you, I will find Pakhi.... "

With that, Virat rushed out while Sai stood at the door .

"Virat, mein bhi chaloo , Pakhi  ko doondne ? " Sai asked.

He just brushed off her question and went out.

Late in the night, Virat still hadn't returned home. Ashwini by now had resigned to the fact that Pakhi will not return ever. Vinu had asked about Pakhi a few times. He waited for Virat and fell asleep. Sai came early from the hospital so that she can spend more time with Vinu as Pakhi was not there to intervene.

As Mohit was constantly in touch with Virat, the family knew Pakhi couldn't be traced yet and there were no leads.

Virat came home to nobody waiting for him. Something he was not used to in these years. Over everything, Pakhi used to wait for him, no matter how late he was. He took a deep sigh and went inside.

Ashwini had kept a plate of food ready for him. But he didn't want to eat. There was a strange uneasy feeling. No, he wasn't broken.  He did feel guilty for how he behaved during Holi, in his drunken state.  He still was determined to find Pakhi, but something was churning inside him.

He went to Vinu's room. He just wanted to hug his child, so that this uneasy heaviness in his chest goes away. The room was empty. He guessed Vinu was with Sai. He walked to Sai's room and saw her asleep with the kids. A smile came to his face looking at the innocent smile on his kids' face as they slept. For some reason, he had no urge to look at Sai. It wasn't like he was avoiding her. But, he just didn't want to. He turned back from the door and walked to his room.

"Yeh aisa kyun chala gaya " Sai who was just pretending to be asleep was disappointed as he didn't care to come inside the room, or sit near the kids.

Bhavani who was noticing all this from the corridor felt anger creeping inside her. She had thought now that Pakhi is out of his life, Virat will be delighted to get back home and be near to Sai. But, what she witnessed now, got her thinking. "Lagta hai, Virat ko Sai ke paas laane ke liye mujhe hi kuch karna padega ".