Part 5 - The Search

The next day :

Virat requested for 10 days leave and waited for it to be sanctioned, while he packed his bags.

"kahi jaa rahe ho, Virat ? "

"Haa Aai.... I have some work "

"Atleast, yeh toh batao tum jaa kaha rahe ho "

"Chennai"

"Official duty pe ho ?kahi Koi mission toh nahi? " Ashwini got worried

"Nothing Aai. It's just an official visit. Don't worry. I have told Mohit to drop the kids at School, till I am back and have 2 officers posted here . No worries about the security."

"Teek hai, Godu. dinner tho karke jaao."

"Bhook nahi hai, Aai. Bache kahaa hai ? Kahi dikh nahi raha "

Virat walked to the kids' room. He was relieved that Sai hadn't returned from work. He could spend time with his children.

Savi was asleep, and Vinu was still trying to solve a rubics cube all the while yawning.

"Vinu.... baada"

"Babaaaa .... "

"Ssshhhh.... Savi is sleeping "

Vinu imitated his "sshhh" and hugged Virat. Virat picked him up and made him sit on the bed.

"Babaa... where are you going ? "

"Bada.. I have to be away for some days." Virat held his hand "aap naa, baba se ek promise karo..."

"Promise ? "

"Haa... promise, that aap apna khayal rakhoge, aur Savi ka bhi... " he kissed on Vinu's hands. " mere ache bache ho naa...Koi shaitaani nahi karna aur kisiko bhi pareshan mat karna... Ajji ko bataaye bina kahi mat jaana. Aur sabse important thing, jab bhi zaroorat ho, Baaba ko call karna... "

"Ok Baba, I promise.
..... Aap Mumma ke pass jaa rahe ho ? " He asked surprising Virat .

"Mere bacha... " he hugged Vinu again. His eyes filled with tears....

He looked at his little munchkin Savi, sleeping peacefully and kissed on her forehead.

Whatever complains he had against his fate, vanished that moment. He was grateful for these two little angels in his life. His reason to live, no matter what happens in the future.

He tucked Vinu back to bed and held both the kids hands together
"Baba loves you ".

He wiped his tears and walked to the door looking back once again at Vinu and Savi. And he left.

The next morning, elsewhere in Chennai.

"You don't talk to me Vinay, I don't want to hear anything". Divya's anger was hitting the roof while talking to her fiance.

"Why are you so angry angry in the morning, Divi ? "

"You are asking me, Vinay. You ? That Police officer has asked me to meet him . He might be anytime here, and you can't be here to support me ? "

"Divi... I wanted to be there... but baby, this HR guy won't let me "

"Aah... you do one thing, marry your HR and live in the office only. Don't come after me saying Divi this , Divi.. that "

Vinay shook his head, not knowing how to calm his girl. He knew she had a reason. The other day they had got a call from the Police enquiring about Patralekha di , his Senior at Office. They have been told that her husband , a DCP from Nagpur wants to meet them. Divya is someone who gets terrified even if traffic Police caught them, let alone all this calls from Senior officers. They had planned to meet the DCP at a cafe. But , due to last minute issues at his office, Vinay couldn't get a day off. He can join them only in the afternoon and she was tensed having to face the interrogation all alone.