Part 4 - A letter to Virat

It's been 6 months since Pakhi left Chavan Nivas . Everyone's life had returned to normalcy , except Virat's. Well beyond the working hours, he spend time at the Police Station looking for any leads that would take him to Pakhi. He had unofficially informed his colleagues and friends in different places to look for her. Everyday he would hope for an update , only to return home disappointed.

Virat being cold with Sai had angered her . she was always used to be over praised by everyone around. She herself was confused with the feelings she had for her new Doctor friend. Initially she enjoyed the uncomfort Virat had whenever she mentioned his name. But Since the day Pakhi left, he never even bothered what was happening. More over, her new friend looked like a person who needed an angel in his life and Sai just loved to play the saviour of people in distress. She had thought of giving him a chance. If things didn't work out, well she always has her option to run away. So why not try.

Bhavani was extremely angry about how things were going between Sai and Virat. All her efforts to bring them together failed miserably. Virat was lost in his own world.

"Mein aise haar nahi maanne vaali... aaj mein Virat se baat karke rahoongi". She thought to herself.

It was around 11 in the night, when Virat came home. He was surprised to see Kaku in the hall.

"Virat... yeh koi waqt hai ghar aane ka ? "

"I ... I was busy at the Station, Kaku ". He replied coldly.

"Kaam... kaam.. kaam. Har waqt kaam. Kaam ke alawa bhi zindagi mein bahut saare cheezein hai Virat . " Bhavani said in frustration.

"Aap se hi toh seekha hoon.. Work is worship "

Bhavani flared in anger "work !! Aisa kya work hai Station mein.. zara batana... Dekh lena ek din, yeh job tumse sab kuch cheen lega "

"Sab kuch tho barbaad hai ... aur kya baaki hai " Virat retorted with his anger brimming over

"Kya matlab hai tumhara ? Mein toh bas yahi samjhane ki koshish kar rahi hoon...kaam ke prati zimmedari nibaate nibaate ghar ko mat bhoolo."

"This job has already destroyed my life , Kaku. Woh bhi ab nahi... barson pehle when this job took me to Gadchiroli. Zimmedari nibaate nibaate hi toh barbaad hui hai yeh zindagi. Mein naa.. hamesha yeh sochtha rahta hoo, kaash mein ek policewaala na hota. Kamal Sir aaj bhi zinda hota.... tho mere zindagi mein yeh sab museebat nahi hote. I wouldn't have had to sacrifice my love. Pakhi and I would have been living a happy life now. Hamara pyaar aise adhoora nahi reh jaata. Haa.. I am searching for Pakhi and I will search for her till my last breath "
Virat said it all in breath and stormed off the hall.

Bhavani stood stunned in complete disbelief of what she heard from Virat just now.

Sai who was over hearing their conversation felt angry that Virat just confessed his feelings for Pakhi.she walked up to him on the way to bedroom

"Oh ! Acha laga yeh sunke , that you care for your missing wife, unlike the last time when you conviniently moved ahead and set up your life with your ex " Sai taunted in her usual aggressive tone.

Her voice pierced Virat's ears and he could no longer take her taunts.

"Stop your nonsense , Dr.Sai Joshi. As you said, my wife is missing . Not declared dead. She has left on her own . She hasn't taken my kid with her and hasn't hid her existence. She just left, without troubling anyone. And I will search for her "

"Who other than that Patralekha , even wants to come back to you , Virat Chavan. There are people who wait forever for their dead wife all their life..... You know that ? Only that mad Patralekha will love a 'gire hue insaan' like you and That obsessed woman will take you back even if you come home after sleeping with a hundred women. "