Part 9

Vinayak , Patralekha aur Virat ka beta hai " ........

The words kept ringing in his head drowning out all the other things . He could no more process what Kaku and Jayant were discussing . His world had once again shattered . Shattered would be an understatement . There was nothing left to shatter . Destiny has made him it's most hated toy , he felt . The one it would break every time for no reason.  He had somehow made peace with it ... but no... now it won't leave his child too.

His tears had started to drench his face . He raised his head when he heard Jayant's car leaving the compound .

Virat dragged himself up from the ground . His head was reeling  trying to process all that he heard.  Vinu is his son with Pakhi ???? He could feel a mix of strange feelings sweep through his body .

He fathered a child with Pakhi , when he was already married to Sai ? He had a child with someone who was not his wife ? atleast , at that point of time . Virat felt disgusted with the thoughts that wrecked his mind .

"No... not again.... not to my child ... I won't let my Vinu suffer , no matter what . He is my child and why should he suffer for someone else' ulterior moves ? well, why should I feel disgusted for what someone else did ? Vinu  is my child and nothing changes that . That Vinayak , who I believed to be Sai and my child , that Vinayak who I thought I lost forever , that Vinayak who adopted me and gave me a life , that Vinayak who is Pakhi's and my son .... is my child , no matter who else thinks what of him. ' Virat made up his mind and tried to focus back on the case he had in his hand .

With everything out in the open , he still didn't know why Kaku wanted to kill Pakhi .

"I need to talk to Kaku . At this point , the first priority is to save Pakhi.  Filing a case against Kaku or sending her to jail will not end anything. These sort of cases won't be easy to prove and even if she gets arrested, wouldn't she seek revenge against Pakhi ? Also , other than his son being dragged into the case and the trauma that the child will face with all the discussions around him, what else would anyone gain from it ? But at the same time , this truth need to be told to the family too. Or else Kaku will go on with her plans against Pakhi " Virat thought to himself .

He sat in his car for a long time looking for a solution . Finally he found a way out . He will first let Kaku know that he knows what she did ! That would ensure that , even if she did something to Pakhi , she would earn nothing . There is another person who knows the truth.  Then he will convince Kaku that though the family will be informed that Vinu is His and Pakhi's son,  it will be presented as a mistake that happened from the Hospital. The hospital somehow misplaced the samples or something . Kaku's involvement will not be out in the open, and that's a promise that he would make to Kaku .

Virat walked into Kaku's office . He stopped just short of the door , seeing her talking to someone over the phone .

"Haa... meine hi tumhe maarne ki koshish ki thi.... kya karogi tum , Patralekha ?Kab tak baach paaogi ?  Vinayak ka asli maa tu hai , yeh baat sirf mein aur tu jaanti hai ... aur mein yeh baat kabhi baahar nahi aane doongi .. "

What !!! what the hell did he hear now " ! Virat could hardly trust his ears.... Pakhi knows that Vinayak is her son ? and she hid it from him ? "

He stormed out of the office without meeting Kaku. There was no point in meeting her now . Pakhi knew the truth ! Then why did she never tell him? why she left Vinu with Sai and left the house so easily ? Why do people in his life think that it's ok to hide anything from him ? Sai hid her whole existence from him, hid the fact that he has a daughter for 7 years and now Pakhi hides this from him ! weren't these the same people thrashed him for hiding about Vinayak from them for a few days ? Then, why is it ok that his life's biggest truths are not told to him?" The fact that he was in love with Pakhi now , tuned his anger into some sort of rage as he felt  deceived and betrayed .