Part 7

"Pakhi ... its me ... look at me. Virat "
He said holding her face.

She was trying to utter something... but it looked like she was stammering .

"Mein.... I..."

"Don't panic, please sit here... and don't think about anything. Don't give too much stress to your mind. Its ok... take your time. No need to remember anything.... take your time " He said trying to calm down her.

He took her to the living room and made her sit there. He noticed that she wasn't uncomfortable with his touch , so probably she remembers him.

Pakhi closed her eyes trying to bring some sense to whats happening around her. An hour passed and she finally spoke.

"Did I scare you ... ? "

Virat was happy to see her speak
"No, Not at all .... it's ok. You remember me. That itself is enough for me . " He said

"I remember you..... but for the last one hour I have been  trying to remember your name. It's like its at the tip of my tongue... but I can't get it out "

"Virat " He said shocked by seeing her situation.

"Haa... Viratt" ...
she heaved heavily and repeated his name in a puff of breath. It was like her brain was scrambling her nerves trying to memorize and to get that one name she was searching for.

"when is your flight , Virat ?"

???

"To Nagpur ".... she said without any emotion , her face blank .

"when you will come with me " . He said

"what ? what did you say ?"

"That, I will go back, when you come with me. Only when you come with me " . He said looking straight into her eyes .

She stared at him and then without blinking once said "I won't .. I won't ever ". It's over "

"You can't decide that alone , Pakhi " .

"Then who else decides , Virat ? Chief Magistrate Bhavaniji of Chavan Nivas or her favourite public prosecutor ? "

Virat was prepared for this, as he knew how bad Kaku behaved with her once she got to know Pakhi can't have kids .

"Pakhi, I want you back at our Home where you rightly belong "

"Home ?" when was it my Home , Virat ? Whenever the people who live there needed me , they used me ... whenever Kaku wanted Sai to be shown her place , I was needed. When the family needed a heir , nobody had a problem with me , when their  favourite bahu left , I was needed to take care of their son .... Now I am of no use . Unlike others who left as per their wish , I was thrown out , Virat . I was dumbed. I just made it easy for everyone by leaving . " She said , stopping there , not really wanting to hurt him with that one statement . he was not a burden to her , not then , not now ... and she never regretted of taking care of him when he was at the rock bottom of his life.

She came forward and held his hand . She was surprised that he didn't move away in repulsion as always he used to do .

"Virat , I know you don't intend to hurt anyone . I know you could never forget Sai , and whenever I tried to show my rights on you, it angered you . I won't  blame you for that . woh kya hai naa... our heart often doesn't listen to our mind . You can't forget her.... I have accepted that . If I don't understand you , who will ? I have tried so much to stop loving you . But does that happen? No . Can we do anything about it ? No.  So, let's just leave it .