Part 18 - The Storm and after

Virat and Pakhi were travelling back the next day. Whatever happened in the matter of a few days felt overwhelming , yet they were happy. Finally they had confessed and they knew that from now on there is nothing that can seperate them. They were excited to meet Vinu and go home , a home in the real sense now.

But unknown to them, a drama was unfolding at Chavan Nivas.

Bhavani was in a heated argument with her party member and close aid Jayant. It all started when he demanded a seat for himself in the elections , while as the chief of the party, Bhavani favored another member. Jayant was in no mood to back off.

"Jayant, ab tu mujge batayega mujhe kya karna hai ? " Bhavani raised her tone in anger.

"Aap ko jo samajhna hai, samjh lijiye... meine jo demand ki hai , mujhe woh chahiye... warna... "

"Warna kya..! Dhamki de rahi ho mujhe...? yeh mat bhool tu kisse baat kar raha hai "

"Yaad toh aap ko rakhna hai Bhavani ji, ki aap kisse baat kar rahe ho " he smirked.

"Kya matlab hai tumhara ?"

"Itni jaldi bhool gayi.. kamaal karti ho , aap bhi Bhavaniji.... aap aise kaise bhool sakthe hai ki Aap ne mujhse kya kaha tha "

"Meine... meine kya kaha.. bakwaas mat kar "

"Bhavani ji... zara sochiye... agar aap ke parivaar waalon ko yeh pata chala ki aap ne Virat aur Patralekha ke saath kya kiya hai ... toh phir, you are finished "

Bhavani stood shell shocked seeing her trusted aid turning her nemesis.... unknown to both of them, Ninad listened to their whole convo, froze hearing Jayant utter his son's name . What did Bhavani Vahini do to Virat ? What does he mean ?

Ninad who was walking past Bhavani's room had decided to wait outside when he heard unusually loud arguments from the room. Ofcourse , Bhavani frequently had closed door meetings with her close party members , but today it felt different . With Jayant's rising tone, Ninad didn't feel it right to leave Bhavani Vahini alone there. when it turned out that it was an argument over seat allotment , he was about to leave. But that's when he heard Jayant say
"Bhavani ji... zara sochiye... agar aap ke parivaar waalon ko yeh pata chala ki aap ne Virat aur Patralekha ke saath kya kiya hai ... toh phir, you are finished "

Ninad walked to the door and struggled to comprehend what followed.

Though Bhavani had lost her composure for some time, the iron will in her refused to give up.

"Oh... ! Ab tu mujhe darrayega ? Tujhe kya lagta hai... tu ghar aakar bolega ki Meine Virat aur Patralekha ko dhoka diya , aur Vinayak ek surrogate child hi hai... ? Kya sabooth hai tere paas jisse yeh saabith hoga ki , meine doctors ko bribe kiya ? "

Ninad could barely stand straight as the weight of those words descended on him. His head throbbed with questions. Vinayak is a surrogate child ? That means , Virat and Patralekha were saying the truth all this time and nobody believed? But how can it be ? Even the DNA test reports showed that Vinayak is Pakhi's and Virat's biological child. How is it possible if Pakhi was just the surrogate ?

"Bhavaniji.... aap bhi naa.... don't you know me well enough ? Will I ever say anything bas aise ? Aap ko sabooth chaahiye, right ? Toh sun lijiye ... aur dekh bhi lijiye " Jayant said with a twisted smile as he took out his phone and played a video.

Ninad couldn't clearly see what was being played out, but he could see Vahini on the screen and her voice.. that sharp, calculated voice where she admitted to Jayant that She used Patralekha as the donor and the mother without Pakhi or Virat knowing about it , because Sai couldn't be a mother.