Part 14

Virat was sitting restless at the meeting. He thought he could leave by 5 in the evening, but then came up an unscheduled casual meet and greet with the Officers. Since that was part of his professional etiquette, he couldn't skip it also. His mind wandered around Pakhi. He really wanted to spend time with her. Her smile, and her eyes that smiled were the only things he could think of. His mind rewinded to the first time they met and then how beautiful she looked in the Saree he gifted last evening. There was so much peace in just being near her.

Virat looked at the officer sitting in the chair opposite to him, stare at him with a weird look. It was then he realized that for the last 10 minutes he has been smiling at that Officer, as if its not him, but Pakhi seated in that chair . Virat shook his head sheepishly and saw the officer laughing.
"Yaar... Pakhi  kya haal bana diya hai tune mera " , he laughed at his own paagalpan.

He kept checking the watch and scrolled through the phone as if that would help him sit through the meet.
His phone display was always the default setting, while Pakhi had Vinu's pic as her wall paper. "Arre yaar ! Why didn't I think of this earlier !! He said to himself.

He set his and Pakhi's pic as the display pic of his phone and wished she would see it and get the hint. He didn't want to alarm her with a confession, but he didn't want to wait anymore too.

He went back to the hotel room with a fool proof plan of placing his phone somewhere in the room and then ask Pakhi to dial his number to trace it back. In the process, she would see his new display pic and hopefully understand what she meant to him now. "Brilliant, Virat" . He appreciated himself for such a marvellous idea.

As expected Pakhi was waiting for him to come back. She smiled ear to ear seeing him.

"Virat... go have a shower and come soon na... I have a lot to tell you "

"Even I have a lot to tell you, Pakhi... but may I know why are you so excited ? "

"Uffo... don't waste time now. Go, have a shower. I really really have a lot to tell you and thank you for gifting me this pass to the art gallery. It's been a beautiful , beautiful day ". Her excitement clear in her words.

He was happy that she had a great day. This is what he expected while he planned this trip.

Pakhi had ordered his favorite Pizza and Coffee, by the time he came back fresh.

"Oh... looks like Madam had a really good day today ! "

"Not just good... fantastic... super se bi ooper ! "

'Oh wow !'

"Aur nahi tho kyaa... I met my idol Mr.Shlok Mehta... got an autograph from him like the good old days and then comes the most awaited surprise... ya yu kahoo, super shock"

"And... what was that ? "He leaned forward near her face and asked.

"Guess ? "

"Hmmm... you got a selfie with him ? "

"No yaar... that's so basic... "

"Then, tell naa "

"I met him and told him that I have been a big fan of him since my college days. He was my inspiration to take up photography ...He was surprised that I remembered some of his photo features from those times.... and then "

"Then.... ? "

"Then... he asked me to click a few pics randomly at the event"

"Oh wow .... "

"Haa... yaar, imagine.. somebody so great like him, telling me to dabble with photos .. I got so nervous"

"I hope you didn't miss it ". Virat said genuinely wanting her to take up camera again.