38. You Belong to Me

A week later

Taehyung returned from Brandon lands in the evening. It was a hectic day for him. Although Mr. Lee insisted that he should let him supervise the task but Taehyung was persistent to be present there. It would be a good time to connect with his people.

He massaged his temples in tiredness and asked the maid to bring him tea. He was stressed by the ongoing situation. He did not help but think over the words that the old man said to him earlier today.

Flashback

"Ahjushi, accept my greetings." Taehyung bowed.

"And you must accept my gratitude, young lad." old man smiled.

"There is no reason to be thankful to me. It is my duty to serve my people. I am trying to fulfill it." Taehyung explained.

"My dear, you are doing more than it. I can see your father in you. You are a great man like him." the old man said.

Taehyung eyes started tearing up thinking about his father. "I wish he was here ahjushi. I sometimes feel alone. It feels like I have no one to speak to. To ask for advice." Taehyung sighed.

"Young man, we must focus on what we have not what we do not. Otherwise, we might not cherish what we have and when we lose that too we regret not looking at it. You have a companion do not you?" the old man smiled.

Taehyung chuckled, "You are right and for that, I feel blessed."

"This my son is what you must do. Feel blessed. Until fate decides to put you through a test." the old man smiled.

"What does that mean?"

"Blessing to one, might not be seen as a blessing to others. We all have our own definition of happiness, religion, truth, blessing, sin and love. However, the reality is beyond the sight of our immortal eyes. Some of us are here to serve a purpose to that reality. Which can not be seen by others. That purpose comes with sacrifice. If you succeed in that you shall be rewarded. "

"How can one know if his definition is true? Or one is on the right path?"

"If it makes your heart at peace without harming another then it is right. If not, you are on the wrong path. It does not depend on the validation of others."

"Still I am conflicted with your words." Taehyung but his lower lips.

"Time shall reveal all." older man smiled. Speaking of your companion, he is not here today?" The old man questioned.

"No...um..he is accompanying his father to Berkshire." Taehyung smiled.

Flashback ends.

Taehyung tried to think again and again, about the words of the older man. Nevertheless, not a thing seems to make sense to him. He sighed sipping on his tea. Also, he had not seen Jungkook for two days. Taehyung was also missing the younger utterly. He was lost in his thoughts when Minhi announced the arrival of Sohee.

On a hectic day, facing Sohee was the last thing he wished for. He frowned and huffed, he wished he could get away instead of meeting Sohee but thinking this was fruitless. Taehyung fixed his coat as he walked into the waiting room only to find it empty.

"Where is lady Sohee?" Taehyung questioned the maid.

She lower her head, "Young master, lady Sohee asked me to tell you that she will be waiting in your chambers."

Taehyung clenched his fists in utter disgust. "And who told you to send here there? Are you not aware that guests are meant to wait here." Taehyung was a calm man, but he snapped, making the maid flinch.