44. Manipulation

After checking on Jungkook, Jimin next morning visited the viscount to inform him about Jungkook's decisions. Jimin knew that his best friend was fully capable of defending himself but the whole lord John situation was not sitting right with Jimin.

He knew that John is a cunning man and he might manipulate Jungkook and use him for his filthy desires. Because he has seen the way John looks at Jungkook whenever they are in the same room. He doesn't want his friend to get hurt in any way.

"How is Jungkook? Did you see him?" it was the first question that Taehyung asked as soon as he saw Jimin.

"Yes, I did see him in the evening yesterday. He is not well. He has been crying." Jimin said.

"Can I see him? Can I go see him? My Jungkook needs me."

"No, you can not. No one in Jeon Mansion will let you meet him. So it is better that you don't go there."

"How can I stay put knowing that he is hurting and I can not even embrace him." Taehyung's eyes had tears in them.

"He will leave soon," Jimin announced.

"What?" Taehyung did not believe his ears.

"He told me that he is going to leave Aylesford soon. He said it will be better for all of us for you and your image. He doesn't want people to taint your image anymore."

Taehyung felt the nerves in his body go numb, after everything that was happening Jungkook was thinking about him and his image, "My image can go to hell for all I care now. Nothing is more important than him for me."

"You should have realized it sooner. You should have chosen him at first. If you had made this choice earlier none of this would be happening now." Jimin spoke.

"You are right. I was a coward. I should have chosen him over my responsibilities."

"I am afraid that he would be harmed. He told me he is leaving for Italy, taking John's offer." Jimin said.

"What? Italy? How can he do this?"

"He is determined that he will go away to Italy and will never come back. Although I don't want him to go there. I do not believe that John."

"No, no he can not go to Italy. John has some other motive behind this offer. He is luring Jungkook by using this situation. You must convince him to go to Paris."

"He will not listen to me. He has made his mind."

"Please Jimin, I beg you, I have a plan. Please convince him to go to Paris. I shall follow him soon. I have talked to mother, I can not do this anymore."

"What? Are you saying that you will step down from your title?"

"Yes, once Jungkook leave and the situation gets to normal. I shall resign from my title. I can not live without him."

"Only if you had made this choice sooner. Things would've been better. Anyways I will convince him."

"There are people in Paris who he knows. They will take care of him and I will be at peace knowing he is safe there."

"Alright... Although you were a coward before I would bet my chances on you instead of that John." Jimin scoffed.

"Thank you Jimin."

"No, just when you two get together, take care of him," Jimin said.

"I will, Jimin. He is my everything."

"Yesterday, he told me that when I see you I must tell you that 'he loves you.'" Jimin walked out, leaving the heartbroken viscount.

-------------------------------------