48. A Broken Promise

Two Weeks Later in Paris...........

"Hyung eat this before you leave. You did not have your dinner last night too." It was Seokjin.

Jungkook started going to the art academy a week now. He was slowly getting himself accustomed to life in Paris. In the evening he worked at a printing shop. He immersed himself deeply in study and work. However, nothing seem to dull the pain that was fresh in his heart as the day he left Aylesford.

He sometimes wondered how Taehyung was doing. Was he missing him too? He waited for some kind of letter or news to arrive. He couldn't send a letter with his name on it so he asked Yoongi to send a letter for him but no answer came to it too. Currently, he was living in the Yoongi's Mansion. He did not once visit the house he used to live in with Taehyung. He thought he would only go there with Taehyung.

He sighed and walked towards the dining table. where Seokjin was standing waiting for him. "At what time will you be free in the evening?" Seokjin questioned.

"I will be free around eleven."

"Hyung can you please manage earlier? Hoseok hyung arranged tickets for the opera house." Seokjin said.

"I am in no mood. You both should go."

"Pleaseeeee..... I want you to go... Can you not do it for me?"

Jungkook looked at his face and took pity. "Okay... I shall come back by six."

"Thank you hyung."

"Where is Ben?" Jungkook questioned because usually Ben cooks the food. Hoseok found the boy skillful in cooking so he hired him.

"Oh, he had to accompany Hoseok Hyung to an important errand."

"Kooookieeeee..." Hyunjin squealed, coming towards Jungkook with open arms as he hugged his legs.

"You are up mate." Jungkook smiled looking at the little boy. These days if something gave him happiness was only this boy. He pulled him up into his arms and nuzzled his nose in Hyunjin's neck giving him tickles as he giggled.

"It ticklish kookie...." Hyunjin kept giggling.

"Oh sorry. Are you hungry let's eat breakfast," Jungkook said.

--------------------------------------------

Jungkook looked at the clock it was about to strike six. He packed his satchel and winded up supplies in art class. He got out of the academy and glanced at the sky. It was past sunset now. The gloomy night was upon the sky. He lazily kicked the pebbles on his way like a hopeless man. In Paris days were hot and evenings were breezy. He wrapped his arms around his chest, to save himself from the wind.

After reaching the Mansion he found out everyone in the lounge. Even Namjoon. He crooked his eyebrow, because according to Seokjin he, Hoseok, and Jungkook were going to see opera. Then why was everyone here?

"I guess everyone is a little too excited for opera," he said chuckling a bit.

However, no laugh or comment was made on his remark. Everyone's face was painted with the same gloom which Jungkook witnessed in the evening sky on his way back home. His eyes fell on the paper Yoongi was holding. It seems like a letter.

"Is this a letter? Did Taehyung send this? Oh finally, I was waiting for it. What has he written Yoongi Hyung? Is he okay? When is he coming?" Jungkook bombarded him with questions. A silent sigh escaped from Hoseok's lips but the silence was too thick that it resonated and was heard by everyone.

Jungkook's smile dropped as he saw Hoseok walking towards him placing a hand on his shoulder.

"This letter is from Park Jimin, your friend," Yoongi said. Yoongi extended the paper to Jungkook. Because no one in this room dared to disclose this news to Jungkook.