015. ━ wingman sloan

season three // episode twenty[ wingman sloan ]

[ wingman sloan ]

❝I thought you were better
at flirting than that.❞

"𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐘, 𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐎 help me be Webber's wingman."

Abby choked on her coffee and looked up with an extremely confused look on her face. "I'm sorry... you want me to what?"

"Be Richard Webber's wingman," Mark repeated as though it was obvious and she quirked an eyebrow upward. "He tried flirting with a woman in the elevator and she got off two floors early because it was that awkward."

Abby narrowed her eyes. "Why were you watching?" she asked.

"I was there," he replied with a shrug. "It was kind of hard to ignore it. Come on, Abs, when do I ever ask you for help?"

"Many times," she said as they walked toward the ER. "Don't you remember the several homework assignments I let you 'borrow' in college?"

Mark paused and tilted his head. "Fine. Then do it for Richard."

Abby glanced at him before letting out a breath. "Before I even consider helping you, does he know that you are?" she asked. "Richard, I mean. Does he know that you're helping him? Did he actually agree to you being his wingman or is this you trying to get in good with him so that you'll look good with the board?"

"I am helping a man who is lonely," Mark said.

"Answer the question, Mark."

The man sighed. "No. He does not know that I'm helping him. Which is why I need you. He needs to flirt with you."

"What? No!"

"It's not weird, Abs," Mark told her as she walked into the ER. "He's just a man."

"A man who happens to be my boss," she retorted, shaking her head. "No, find somebody else to help you, Mark. I'm not getting involved in whatever... that is."

"Oh, come on—"

Her pager went off and she smiled victoriously while looking down at it. "Haha. Now you have to do it yourself. Best of luck to you, weirdo." She turned on her heel before pausing and glancing at her best friend. "And no, that does not mean you can flirt with more nurses than you already do."

"You're no fun!"

She walked backward and smiled at him. "But you love me!"

___________________________

"𝐇𝐄𝐘, 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐅, 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄," 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊 said, clapping his boss on the shoulder and dragging him in the direction of the brunette woman who was sitting at the nurse's station, looking over a chart. "I want to show you something."