Babies

****Valentina's POV****

Even just from watching Casey and Rosie leaving the villa you could see the emotional impact it had on Tom

Even just from watching Casey and Rosie leaving the villa you could see the emotional impact it had on Tom. You get so used to having people around you all the time in here and then when someone goes that your close to it can feel like a bigger loss than it actually is, I mean we would be seeing them in like a week's time. 

"Come on babe." I whispered leading him over to the sofas. "It's gonna be so weird without him."

"He were my best mate." I just had to wrap my arms around him and hope he could feel the tiny bit of comfort I could offer him as I saw tears well up in his eyes. 

"I know, I know."

"It's mad like all the hard times I've had in here he's kind of always been there. I remember him coming in and I was like who's this idiot with long hair, he keeps playing with his hair."

"It feels like he came in here a lifetime ago."

"So many laughs, him with that trumpet. Oh my God. I never get emotional." He said, checking under his eyes for any leaking tears. 

"It's ok to though, like everyone who's lost a best friend in here feels that way."

"At least I've got you though."

"You say that literally every day."

"And I'll keep saying it, every single day." He teased wrapping me up in his arms. "I know it's a bit overwhelming right now but I'm glad I'm still here with you."

"We've just got to think like there's a week left in here, we'll see them soon and we're only here once right. I just want to enjoy the time I have left in here with you, in the sun and all our friends."

"We're blessed."

"Exactly, tomorrow is a new day."

.....

When I say tomorrow is a new day, I wasn't expecting to wake up and be transported into the future by the sound of babies crying. It was way too early for that. 

"That's not the sound you want to wake up to." I groaned pulling the covers over my head. "I'll see you later."

"No come on we need to get our baby." Tom seemed marginally more excited about this than me, pulling me out of the bed as we were the last ones in the bedroom. 

My mood got increasingly worse when our baby was the only one crying in the cots so I just immediately took it into my arms to hopefully stop the crying. 

"What do we have?" He asked, peering at the baby. "It's a girl."

"Woo."

I'm not going to lie this isn't what I thought I would be doing right now. I love kids and I've always said I want them in the future but I meant maybe in a few years not today.