Neverland

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock. 7:00am...I stare at the time and wonder if it will make a difference if I get up anyway. I contemplate for another ten minutes before eventually deciding to get up and start the day anyway.

I shower quickly before putting my clothes on.

I look at the mirror noticing my dark sucken eyes

I look at the mirror noticing my dark sucken eyes. The more I stare the more flaws I see. The blackheads litter my nose and the scares on my face from fencing, the way my gaw slightly leans to the right whenever I speak, the way my posture leans a little when I try and stand up. Every second I take standing here looking at myself is a new flaw I find.

I shake my head and brush my teeth before fixing my hair. I don't know why I try, it's not like it won't go back if it's unruly messy state. Slipping on my rings and necklace I grab my backpack and head to the kitchen. "Hey Char-dad said your bike came yesterday. It's in the garage." Isabella said biting her lip. I nod and walk to the garage seeing my bike in all her glory.

I smile putting my helmet on and sitting down turning it on then driving out of the garage

After a short ten minutes I end up at the parking lot again being the center of attention. I ignore all of them and put my helmet under my seat then go to class. The first period again consisted of whispers. "Hey! that was such a cool bike!" Angela said sitting down next to me. "Thanks" I say keeping it short signifying I don't want to talk. Angela being the absolute angel she understood immediately and stayed quiet.

The periods flew quickly and before I knew it, it was time for lunch. I grab my backpack and walk to the library hoping to get some quiet... apparently that is too much to ask for in this world. "Hey Arden!" I look up to see whose voice it belongs to. "Ah Emmett why are you not with your family?" I said quietly putting my book down. "Well I was but then I realized you weren't there and I missed you." he said sitting down smiling at me.

To say my heart didn't flutter would be a lie. I smile at him before speaking. "I missed you too." I say nodding in his direction. He smiles looking down at my book. "Peter Pan?" He says looking at me confused. "Yup, it's a classic." I say sighing softly closing my book.

"Hmm...didn't peg you to be a fairytale guy." He hums and looks at me. "Yes well I tend to read books of people I envy." I said shrugging my shoulders. "Envy? why would you envy them?" Emmett says with a confused look on his face. "They are free, they don't have to worry about the earth dying, they don't have to worry about anything, the only thing they have to worry about is themselves. I envy them because they have freedom. They have a family of their own...and they can be whoever they want..." I say finishing my rant looking at my book sadly. "So you wish to be like them? free and happy in Neverland?" Emmet said finally looking into my eyes.

There it was the same expression I familiarized myself with from my dreams. I nod and smile so soft that it almost seems nonexistent. "Yes...I wish to be free in Neverland where I never have to worry...just be happy." I say looking into his eyes.

I always dreamt of neverland...ever since I was young I always wanted to read about Peter Pan and his adventures. I would leave my window open all the time and wish to the brightest star that he would appear. After a while I gave up. Realizing that this wasn't a fantasy life with pirates, fairies, and mermaids. It was real life, Peter Pan would never rescue me like he did with Wendy. I won't fight Captain Hook on a boat, I won't dance to the fairy's song, I won't see the mermaids. I'd never be saved like Wendy...I'll never BE Wendy. So I gave up, I closed my window and stopped praying. I lost all hope of being saved.

But when I looked into Emmett's eyes I swear I could see the same mischief Peter had. I can see the smile and the little dimple that Peter had on Emmett's face. The kiss on the corner of his lips. I saw it all. I smiled and thought that whoever was his Wendy would be met with great adventures. Great mischief. Great misfortune. Great happiness. And great love.

The bell rings bring us out of thought. He hurries and leaves without sparing me a second glance as I watch him leave. I scrunch my nose softly at the thought of never getting my Peter Pan. But I smile at the thought that whoever was his Wendy was one lucky girl... she'll get to experience Neverland. While we forgotten Wendy's hide in shame of never touching the land.