Day 1: first met

(nobodys pov)

A black haired boy sat on the swings at Faraway Park, staring at the ground and slightly kicking just enough to move him. he eventually stopped moving his feet and was going to get up, until he felt a tap on his shoulder. he looked behind him and saw a tan boy with messy brown hair, with dirt all over himself.

"Hey, what are you doing here by yourself?" the boy said, his voice sounding scratchy, but in a pleasant way. the black haired boy shrugged and turned around on the swing, twisting the chains. "Hmm, you look lonely, do you wanna be friends?" the tanned boy asked, sounding eager. the other boy nodded, remaining quiet and the tanned boys eyes seemed to light up. "Okay! My names KELSEY, but call me KEL... whats yours?!" KEL held his hand out, signaling for the other to shake it. "...S..SUNNY." The other boy whispered and (hesitantly) shook KELS hand before wiping any dirt he picked up from his hand onto his shirt.

"Oh yeah! I found this secret area behind those trees, you wanna come see?!" he held his hand out again to pull SUNNY up, responding with another nod. "Alright SUNNY, lets go!" KEL ran with SUNNY trying to keep up, as they were still holding hands.

After they finally got there, SUNNY took that as a chance to catch his breath and KEL let go of SUNNYS hand. It slightly upset SUNNY tho, as KELS hand was strangely warm. "Oh yeah, and theres a really cool lake over here!" KEL ran onto the dock and as he was about to stop himself, he tripped over his own feet and fell into the lake! SUNNY immediately ran over onto the dock to see if he could help him, but then he saw him roll onto the grass, coughing. SUNNY couldnt help but giggle at the sight of how wet KEL was, and after he got all the water out of his throat, he pouted at the fact that his new friend was laughing at him! "Hey! it wasnt THAT funny..." KEL said, and after a moment of SUNNY trying to contain his laughter, he birst out laughing again. KEL looked at himself in the lakes water and started laughing too.

"Maybe.. its a little funny—" He said, before starting to laugh just as much as SUNNY was. It had already been pretty late, so by the time they were able to stop laughing the sun was already starting to set. "Aw man.. my mom said i had to be home by sunset." KEL groaned, "I have to go, sorry.."He frowned, getting up. "I.. probably do too." SUNNY mumbled, also getting up. Suddenly, KELS eyes lit up, "wanna walk home together??" He let out a grin, revealing hes missing one of his teeth. SUNNY eagerly nodded and the pair started walking out of the trees. "How about i walk you home? so we dont really have to leave eachother!" KEL suggested, and SUNNY nodded once again.

After they had taken their first turn, KEL smiled again, "Hey, i live around here!" he exclaimed, before pointing to his house. "Oh, it looks like were neighbors." SUNNY slightly smiled, even tho they just met an hour ago, he was really starting to like KEL. He usually was really shy, but there was just something about KEL that SUNNY admired, he just wasnt sure what. "OOH! Well then, ill see you tomorrow, SUNNY- wait, actually i just thought of something!" KEL continued, "We should give eachother nicknames!!" he suggested, before SUNNY slightly looked down. "I dont know any nicknames for the name KEL." SUNNY frowned alittle before KEL gave a thumbs up, "Thats fine! I can just give you a nickname! what about.. sunshine? ehh.. sounds cheesy. well, itll have to do before i can think of something else, BYE SUNSHINE!" KEL let out one last toothy grin and waved eagerly and ran into his house, and before he closed the door SUNNY could hear his mom scold him in a different language that he couldnt understand. SUNNY slightly blushed at the nicknams and tho it was too late, he waved back anyway and walked to his house.

(707 words wooo)
( i havent written in awhile so this is cringe but i rly wanted to participate in suntan week lol)
(anyways peace)