2. I am a mess

As I got into my room to change clothes, I closed the door and sat on my knees on the ground taking the support of the door.

Hopeless, useless, and loveless are three words that define me, I am weird maybe that's why no one really likes me around here.

Tears roll down my cheeks as I keep staring at the mirror across, who am I?

Am I the girl who runs around in the house and causes chaos or am I the girl here in the mirror who cries every day to her sleep?

Am I the girl who makes silly jokes or the girl who cries at silly things? Am I the girl who makes people feel at home or am I the girl who doesn't feel at home in her own home? Am I the girl who's lazy or am I the girl who wants to just feel better? Am I the girl who spreads love or am I the girl who craves love?

Who am I?

I get up and open the closet to find something worth wearing while rubbing my tears away.

Unlike Vandini I am not a topper, I am just an average student throughout my life, scoring in 70-s and 60s, I have done nothing great in my life which makes me feel pathetic, I am in the second year of college now and have no idea what will I do in life, Gauri masi says no one will marry me because I am good at nothing nor a topper in studies nor I know housework whereas Vandini knows all.

No, I don't blame my parents at all for this they provided me with an education and have always financially supported me.

It's me who's dumb.

After 10 mins of self-pity session, I finally found something worth wearing, a yellow-colored kurta with green borders, it has a peacock design over it, and it looks pretty. I start removing my pajamas to change, as I get naked my eyes fall over the mirror, and I stare at myself.

Am I pretty enough? I am really short like 5'1 barely. My hairs are kind of wavy, My front teeth are lil crooked and I have the habit of chewing my nails, I am a bit slimmer than usual just 47 kgs, Maa says I will die like this if I don't eat more than 2 rotis in lunch. But I don't feel like eating, I can't eat more than two rotis for lunch.

"Iysaaa, make it fast" I hear Gauri masi yell from the other side of the door bringing me out of my trance.

"Comingggggggg" I yell back and start wearing the kurta fast.

I look back in the mirror after wearing clothes and start combing my hair, I don't like my hair much they never get set nicely, and no one likes my hair from my childhood. Maa says it's the worst quality hair, even Vandini used to make fun of how weird my hairs are. After 10 mins of tying a pony, I give up as they don't look nice, I just side part and keep them open. I don't apply to makeup as I don't know how to but also because it doesn't interest me, no makeup can fix me haha.

I contemplate whether should i put kajal or not, will it make my dark circles look more horrible? I think to myself as I put the kajal back in the drawer and shut it. Finally, I open the door to move towards the hall.

"Iysa come here" I hear maa calling and hence I turn my steps towards the kitchen.

"See I am going out in the hall, everyone is there, as soon as this tea gets ready pour it in a cup and bring it out, okay?" She said and I nodded.

She proceeds to wash her hand in the sink while she blabbers, " Weird Mrs. Sehgal is, she doesn't like sugar in tea, I mean sugar only makes tea tasteful, how do people like sugarless tea"

Mumbling things she leaves the kitchen while I look at the tea.

I could hear faint voices coming from the hall, everyone seems to praise Vandini, I think they will say yes only, there's no reason to say no to Vandini, she's good at everything, a perfect match for their son.

From what maa and Vandini have told me, all I know is that his name is Ahan Sehgal, and he is a self-made billionaire only at the age of 25 he has achieved so much in life building things from scratch, they know us because Sehgal uncle and my dad were in the same batch in the Indian Army they were very close friends before my dad died on a mission they both were assigned on, the bullet was supposed to hit Sehgal uncle but my dad took it for him.

Sehgal uncle had never visited here after the last rights of my dad as he had posting in Kashmir but now just a few months back he took up retirement and wishes to spend time with his family.

I was lost in my thoughts when I realized that tea is ready, I poured that into a cup and placed it on a tray, and went towards the hall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you relate to Iysa's character?

My goal for this story is to keep the characters real and not make them perfect but just humans like me and you, who have flaws and are not perfect, they are too striving just like us.

Pls Vote and comment as it works as a source of motivation to put energy to write the next chapter, or else I won't know if people actually want to read ahead.

HEY, THIS IS ME FROM A MINUTE BEFORE POSTING, MY FIRST STORY HIT 50KKKKKKK, LIKE 500000 OF Y'LL, OMGOMGOMG WITH JUST LIKE 33 CHAPTERS AND ME BARELY BEING ACTIVE WITH SO MUCH GOING ON, STILL MANAGING TO HIT 50K OF YOU FEELS JUST SO WHOLESOME!

THANK YOU TO EACH OF OF YOU MUNCHKINS FOR SPENDING YOUR PRECIOUS TIME READING MY BOOK AND BIGGER THANKYOU FOR TOLERATING MY INACTIVENESS, WHAT GETS ME OVERWHELMED IS GETTING SO MUCH LOVE FROM Y'ALL AFTER BEING INACTIVE FOR ABOUT A YEAR, ILY SO SO MUCH.

Hence, I am posting this chapter 24 hours early hehe, pls pls pls tell me how you feel about this, and leave your comments, I am always open to criticism and if you like how this is going, pls pls vote, so ik that you are here, this what I am writing is making someones day better, pls consider!!