9. I am stubborn

Currently, I am being bombarded by seven people who are working on my nails, face, hair and dress and one overly anxious person monitoring them all.

"Calm down Rida," I say with a sly smile as I see Rida very very tense seeing me getting ready.

"Mam if I calm down now, sir will make sure I am never in my calm ever, he likes everything to be on time and proper, We only have two hours and a half of make-up left and the destination is far What if we get stuck in traffic, what if it rains, what if tyre get punctured, oh god, oh god, Sir will kill me" Rida continuous her panic rant, god why is everyone so afraid of him, I mean yes he is intimidating but looking at Rida I feel like he is a devil with two horns, might add ugly ones.

"Nothing will happen, The hall is 30 mins from here and today is a working day we will encounter way less traffic about makeup, I just need a little base eye shadow and very basic makeup, I have never had my nails done, so I am just getting em cleaned not new nails anything as such, maximum 20-25 mins and we will be done" I reply assuring her but the worry on her face does not vanish.

"It's just not that Mam, you did not even wear the chosen dress and chose this understatement piece of saree, no offence you look super pretty but sir, what if he thinks this is too plain for your own reception, It has nothing that catches attention, what is he fires me, god god god" Rida says strolling around in tention.

"Fine if he says anything tell him it was me who got stubborn, I assure you, he won't blame you if anything goes wrong, Take a chill pill, here Take this lemon soda, I say passing her the glass kept on the table," I say with a wide smile, this girl needs a 6-month vacation, look at the tension she is carrying because of her devil boss.

Looking at me and introspecting in her mind, she finally takes a sip from the glass. I get ready and move down as Rida gets on call coordinating everything, We reach the life where the make-up assistant comes along with us, handling my saree pallu, Gosh why is everyone so tense here?

"Ay it's okay I will manage, you can leave," I tell the make-up assistant with an assuring smile.

"No Mrs Sehgal, until you reach the hall, I am responsible for making sure everything goes right with you and your outfit," she replies, what is with everyone here, it's just a reception, few family members, friends and relatives, they are making me feel like we are going to meet gala.

The lift reaches the ground floor where a Mercedes is standing for us, the driver opens the door as we enter.

Okay, WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL.

I was too awestruck to say anything the entire ride. I was still processing everything when we arrived at the reception hall back entrance, ah ah cancel That not a hall, it was this huge hotel, so beautifully decorated, How is any of this even real?

"Mam this way fast," Rida said signalling me to follow her inside, I shook my head and followed her with no questions asked, we passed the passage of the back entrance and went into the lift which took us to the residential suit, Rida opened the door for me, I entered in, still clueless about why we are in a suit but my all questions got answered when I was Ahan in there adjusting his blazer with a man behind him blabbering something with a shit scared face.

"Sir we are here," Rida said in a very low tone and Ahan did not even bother to look back and just kept looking in the mirror and nodded, which I guess Rida took as a signal to leave and so did the other blabber guy, leaving us alone. Just great everyone works on a signal system here.

This was the most awkward situation I had ever been in, I did not know what to say or what to do, was I also supposed to understand the signal system and leave?

He finally decided to turn back as he scanned me from up to down with a straight face, this guy is more emotionless than a damn robot.

"What the heck is this?" he says finally.

"Umm saree" I reply, I am so dead.

"I can see that you idiot, Why did you not wear the dress the stylist had selected, This is bland and plain, this is our reception, we are supposed to attend to so many guests and not serve drinks at someone else's reception, why to can't you just not listen to something for once," he says with a stern voice taking two steps towards me, he sounds angry, cut that, very very angry.

"It was too glittery and very heavy, I did try it on but it was very uncomfortable and open, I am not used to such clothes, that's why I did not choose it" I managed to say the full sentence without letting him know that I was intimidated.

"Then get used to it dammit. This is what you signed up for when you took the first chance you got to get into this, listen to me carefully, don't you dare tarnish my name because of your stupidity, you will change right now and then we will go down" He said in a stern voice. 

Enough I have had of him since yesterday he is making me a villain of this story like everyone else as if I wanted this, I should stand for myself.

"Listen, Mister, I won't change It's 7 already, Do you want everyone to wait while the outfit comes and I change after we fight, be wise Mister Sehgal," I say with a cool voice taking a seat on the bed, making myself comfortable. I very well knew in the back of my head from all the things Rida told me about him that he is very particular about time, he won't make me change.

He looked over at me with a stern hard face and I replied sticking my tongue out, duh.

"Let's go and don't think I will let this slide," he says opening the door, before he could go out, I ran out of the door crossing him and passing him a smirk.

"Thank you Mister Sehgal very chivalrous of you" and winked waiting for him to come out.

-----

Guys pls pls like and comment, that's the only motivation as a writer I get to post a new chapter, pls consider doing so.