10. I am antisocial

Okay, you can do it Iysa, you can do it, it's not like they are going to come after you, it's just 500 people in front of you, who are going to gawk at you for the next three to four hours.

"You do realise we need to walk down? Or are you planning to stand here and expect them to come and greet you?" Ahan remarked as we stood at the entrance towards the main hall, we had been standing here for the past 2 minutes.

"Ahan, we are just two they are at least 300," I say nudging his shoulder.

"We are not going on a war" he replied with a stern face losing his patience with every second.

"I can't," I said giving up and turning around away from him.

"Not again, enough trouble you have caused as soon as you have entered my life, you are coming down either by yourself with your hand in mine or on my shoulder while I carry you down, feel free to choose," he says giving me bored look, burrowing his eyes over me, darn it.No option but to go, you can do it Iysa, I say to myself as I give him a defeated look.

We walk down the first stair him beside me, all the lights suddenly go off and only a spotlight on us remains, causing everyone to turn their heads towards us, I get awkward and anxious with all the attention, I try to put up a smile but I could sense judgement in people's eyes towards me, as I walk down few more steps I try to locate maa and masiji but could not due to the dim lights.

I distract myself and put up a wide smile, making it look like a happy couple's entrance and turn my head towards Ahan who is walking down casually with full confidence as if he does not even care about anyone over here, we reach the bottom of the stairway and get greeted by Ahan's parents who put up a smile and come near us as all the lights turn on. I in return also pass a smile while Ahan as usual has a stern face and nods his head.

"Iysa you look beautiful may god bless both of you," Ahan's mom says blessing us both, I as usual just smile, okay i actually don't know what to say or do or react to all this. Everything is just making me nervous over here.

"I will come in a second" Ahan states to all of us as he walks towards another set of people who I assume must be his business connections.

"He is like that only, don't mind him" Ahan's mom chuckles trying to make it less awkward and I as usual just give a polite smile.

"Come let me make you meet my friend circle," she says as she takes me literally to a group of aunties whose judgements I could hear from so far.

"Very pretty you look, Stay blessed and happy but Iysa could have worn something heavy today, it's your day after all, Look at her you all, she looks so pale in these clothes, could have put some diamond necklace on her neck, would have looked better" on of the Aunty states with the fakest smile I had ever seen.

"Yes Yes Iysa, Mrs Khurana is saying right, not that you don't look beautiful but it's not like Mrs Sehgal could not afford a necklace or a designer heavy dress instead of this plain silk saree, no worries beta take it as a lesson for the next time when you attend any of our functions" another aunty states.

"Ahh you all, stop teasing her, Iysa just likes simplicity and comfort that's why," Vihan's mom says trying to cover all up but I could sense uneasiness in her voice.

"Iysa go find your maa and masi, they were here only a second ago," Vihan's mom said dismissing me, Maybe she wanted to get rid of this awkward conversation or maybe she felt humiliated because of me, Ahan was right I should have worn that dress and not this, I just become an embarrassment for everyone I associate with.

I step back and walk around in the crowd trying to find Maa, No one pays attention to me due to my understatement outfit, everyone seems too busy enjoying drinks and the music being played on the stage, I walk around for a good 3 to 4 minutes and still could not find anyone, Ahan's mom was busy chatting with aunties, I did not want to go back as she does not want me to be there, Ahan's dad was in the other corner talking with some old people while Ahan was with a different set of people who seemed very posh with the way they were dressed, I awkwardly stood in a corner trying to locate maa, I had no place to fit in here, I looked at myself, I was wearing a green and pink silk saree with a golden blouse, my hairs were tied in a bun adorned with a gajra, I was wearing flats and a very minimal makeup.

While the women and men Vihan were standing with were way different, all the women here were wearing high heels, bold lipstick and a statement outfit, men were in crisp shirts and blazers even aunties were in the heaviest sarees with statement-making jewellery. God, what was I even thinking while coming here? I decided to walk around once more in hopes of finding Maa, it felt very awkward to walk past the crowd especially when I was alone, I could feel glances over me which made me feel even more uncomfortable.

No luck again, Why did Maa not come to find me?

I again went to the same corner as it seemed like the safest place to stand alone without coming to anyone's attention, I just kept standing and looking at everyone, they seemed to be genuinely having fun talking with each other. Reality hit me at the next second, Ahan was right, I can never fit in here, I do not even deserve to be here in between these people who actually have done something great in life, while, I am nothing. I then decide to go back to the suit or just at least get out of this room, I attempt to turn back when my eyes fall on Ahan who is having a drink and what seemed like a delightful conversation, he seemed to loosen up to this couple he was talking to then how he is with other people and shit, his eyes fall on me on the same second.

Talk about second-hand embarrassment.

I did not want him to see him having the satisfaction of being right and have fun of my loneliness right now hence I turned around and started walking on the opposite side.

----------

Hii guys, how are you all? Please let me know if you like the story line and what can I improve here. ALSO, WE CROSSED 200 READS AND 50 LIKES YAY!!!!

Pls, don't forget to like and comment!