13. I am okay

I hear loud banging and a sudden thud as I get up instantly from the bed.

"Iysa" A loud voice catches all my attention as I snap my head towards the owner who stands at the door and is super pissed.

"Are you crazy, why did you break the door, what if I was changing clothes in here?" I say out of pure terror getting up from the bed.

"Mam are you okay, I was so worried" Martha comes in assessing me with her voice laced with worry, What is happening here?

"I knocked twice and thought you might have slept and even when I was about to leave you did not open the door, I feared some mishap, hence called sir home, even he called you twice having no option left, he broke the door," Martha said explaining me, as soon as she completed her statement, I grab my phone and look at the time, God it was 4 pm already and kept sleeping like a Kumbh Karan and yesterday had locked the door out of anger from the inside, I am so dead.

"Show some maturity and responsibility, is that too much for you?" Ahan says still standing at the door frame, he looked very very pissed at me and I knew somewhere I deserved it.

"I am so sorry, I never sleep this long-"

"Sorry, what do you think can sorry cure everything, you have no idea how much you ruin people's peace, Martha was so worried for you, I left leaving an important meeting just to see you sleep and why the hell would you lock the door knowing that you oversleep, people get worried after you and you just don't care, pathetic," he remarks.

"I did not mean to"

"You never mean anything," he says as he just walks out and Martha too follows him out, I have messed up a bit of time.

I take a shower and dress up in a saree as it is the only thing I have to wear, the blouse is a little loose so I put safety pin to get a fitting and rush down, I should go and apologise to Ahan and Martha. I walked down the stairs but the hall and kitchen were empty, Martha must have left and Ahan must have gone to the office, I walked back up towards my room but on the way, I heard a little noise from Ahan's home office. He must be in there, I composed my posture and knocked at his door, In a second he opened the door himself, not letting me come inside, taking the signal, I took a step back.

"Umm sorry to disturb you, I just came to apologise for whatever happened, I- I am never this late, nor do I lock the door it just happened this one time, I promise not to trouble you again, just forgive me this one time," I say everything in a single breath without taking any pause, he just looks at me with a blank expression and hums in response closing the door back on my face, just great.

Well, I did my duty, I can't help if he is going to be this grumpy, my tummy starts growling and I remember that I haven't eaten anything from yesterday afternoon, god kill me, Martha also left, Mr. Devil will get angry if I bother him and I can't cook, wow I love my life.

It's time to fight your demons Iysa, I will change from today and become Iysa 2.0, I will study and pass my Company Secretary exams get independent and make myself proud. Oh wait, my books, shit I need to go home and get them today itself, I no more care about Paps or what Ahan thinks, he already told me yesterday that unless I don't mess anything he doesn't care what I do, I should leave now itself and have something on the way back home and might get something for Mr devil too.

I go out of the house and slowly close the door, getting into the lift to the ground floor, I will never get used to this place, everything screams rich over here, I get out of the main gate and walk towards the main road and board an auto to home. As I cross the area I know i get flashbacks of the time I walked on these roads, in scorching heat, from college to home, used to take me an hour in the afternoon, I never liked to ask for money from maa, I was a burden already, did not want to add more to it, I used to work at the library in my college and used to use whatever little I make for my daily expense, I was too lost in my thoughts when auto halted in front of my home, I give the money and turn towards my home, it's just been two days but feels like a long long time since I have been here.

I go to the main door and ring the bell, Maa opens it, and my eyes get teared up Seeing her, I get very overwhelmed and hug her, like my life is dependent on it only to be pushed away.

"Why have you come here?" She says as she looks at me in disbelief.

"Maa this is my home-"

"This is not your home anymore, you are married, that place is your home and Iysa my responsibility and this home's responsibility towards you was over at the very moment you got married, so never associate this place with you," she says looking straight into my eyes.

"Who has come?" I hear Masiji's voice from the back, her face gets red as soon as she spots me.

"You, audacity you have to come back here," she says pulling Maa inside.

"It wasn't my fault Maa, I did nothing, she ran away for money" I counter, I can't do this anymore, I only have Maa who is a little close to me, and I don't want to lose her.

"Shut up, What do you want now, Why have you come," Masiji asked cutting me off.

"My clothes and books" I reply, I am tired of fighting against people for their love, it's okay, I can do this.

"Your clothes, the ones which had provided you, you won't get that, take these ones, relatives had gives sarees as gifts, go keep wrapping this around and ask your husband to buy you clothes, don't come here," Maa says throwing a suitcase towards me which hits my leg, causing my toenail to come off, I screech out due to sudden pain and get horrified with the blood coming off.

"See drama has begun, Shout more loudly Iysa, Let neighbours also know how bad we are to you, that's what you have been doing all your life, gaining sympathy." Masiji remarks, tears roll down my eyes, Why am I so pathetic, Why do I have to be here when no one wants me?

Maa comes back with a box full of my books and puts it on the staircase without looking at me and goes back inside, Masiji looks at me for the last time with pure hatred before slamming the door in my face. How will I carry this box and suitcase together, it is very heavy, thus I decided to call auto online instead of walking towards the main road.

As soon as he came, I called him with my hand to come down and help, god bless the guy, he helped me keep everything in auto as we drove off. He dropped me outside the building gate from where the watchman helped me to get everything in the life and to my floor, I said thank you and he left. I rang the bell but no response came, did Ahan leave?I was about to ring again when Ahan opened the door, his facial expression cleared out that he was annoyed to see me and hence just left without even acknowledging me for a single second.

I bring the suitcase in and then pull the box. Now the struggle begins as my room is on the second floor and I need to carry this on the staircase.I take a step at a time as I pull the suitcase on a single single step, took me long enough to get this up here. Then took a few books out from the box and carried them up and then again a few books and again a few books, finally after an hour I got done with all this up and down.

-------

Hi, do you celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi?

It's one of my fav festivals <3

Don't forget to like and comment!!