4. I am embarrased

It's 4:45 as I walk towards my home, in the colony, plugging earphones in, hearing - my mind & me by Selena.

"Ayy are you deaf?" I feel someone screaming in my ears, as I look to my right, a guy in a red t-shirt is standing 10 mm away from my face.

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyy," I scream as I take a step back.

"I was calling you for the past 2 mins," the guy said.

"Ooh shit, Maa told you are gonna come after 5, I hope you didn't have to wait for long," I say as I open the main gate.

"Mrs. Sinha?" The guy asks.

"Yes Yes you are at the right house", I say as I pass on him the car key.

"I have my car" the guy replies, gosh stupid.

"So you repairing it here only?" I ask out of confusion.

"Why will I repair it," The guy asks back.

"Bcs that's your job'", gosh weirdos.

"Excuse me, are you out of your senses?"

The audacity of this guy!

I start scanning him from up to down after his statement, he was wearing beige shoes, black jeans, and a plain green t-shirt, and his physique was complimenting his look, ah I knew those Wattpad stories main characters do exist in real life, ah only if- WHAT shut up Iysa.

"What's Wattpad?" the guy asked looking over at my questionable existence.

"What how did you hear it?" god I have done Ph.D. in embarrassing myself.

"You were quite loud" the guy replied scanning my sanity by looking over at me.

"You should not overhear people's personal talks, no manners huh," I say, I had stopped making sense a long time ago anyway.

"You will teach me about manners, a girl asking me to repair her 1980 car, talking about manners and FYI I am not deaf, if you are gonna speak at 101 volume, people will hear, nonsense you are," the guy said, quite irritated by me.

"First of all you mister, this is my house, you do not get to call me nonsense at my house and second you don't know what Wattpad is makes you ineligible to point out wrong anywhere on this entire planet" I restore, god there's a limit to everything, he has come to repair, why can't he just take the car and leave.

"What's happening here?" I hear a third voice, causing me to snap my head to the other side only to find Vandi coming towards us.

"Nothing Vandi, this over-smart fellow, wasting time, he is talking as if we are not paying him to do the job but he is doing us a favor by coming here" I reply boring my eyes into the jerk's eyes.

"IYSA, shut up" I hear Vandi shout at me, god for once make someone take my side noooo.

"Vandi it's not my-"

"Shut up Iysa, stop causing problems everywhere and apologize to him, he's Ahan, you stupid" Vandi says, draining all the colors from my face, as I snap my head towards Ahan and in a second start looking at my feet.

Very well done Iysa, you managed to create a mess before even knowing the other person. Proud of you.

"Apologize!" Vandi says out loud but I can't.

I can feel my heart racing, my legs wobbling, I am making knots with my finger, my eyes getting wet, and I can't seem to look up, let alone form words, I start shifting my concentration my shoes are of dark blue color with pink detailing from a local brand, it's been six years of me wearing the same shoes, they have dust over em, I do clean em but ahh they just don't look presentable now.

They say shoes tell a lot about a person, I wonder what these tell about me, that I am lazy? Can't deny that. The shoes do say a lot about me, I clean them to give them a fresh start just like I give myself every day but as soon as I step out they start accumulating dust over em and become as if they were just like me, how I every day end up being the same pathetic person.

"IYSA" I hear Vandi calling me again, I don't think this time, I just rush into the hall and take support of the wall to stand.

"I am so-so sorry about this, that was my sister Iysa, she must have thought that you are the mechanic who was supposed to come at this time, she causes mess all the time, don't mind her." I hear Vandi say.

"I think we should leave, I have somewhere else to be after this" Ahan says without acknowledging anything that happened, I could hear the main door closing, indicating that both of them left.

I just slide down on the wall and sit on the floor, doing nothing.

I hear the door again, are they back, but it's barely been 5 mins, omg did he get angry and broke this off because of my stupidity, no no no, pls bhagwan ji, nooooo. I snap only my head out of the door only to find a guy in his mid 30's opening the main gate, must be the mechanic, I get up and carry the car keys passing on a smile.

"Mrs Sinha asked me to repair the car," he says as I open the gate for him, I smile and pass him the keys, and he starts inspecting the cars as I stand aside.

"Will take 2-3 days, will deliver it as soon as possible" he says before driving off, I lock the gate and pass the hall to reach my safe place, my room.