21. I am sorry

It has been a few days since the mess happened, and Ahan is still mad at me, he doesn't say anything but he is grumpier than usual, I have no idea when he leaves or comes home, according to Jay, there's a small apartment kind of on his office tower where he stays if it gets too late, I lowkey suspect he has shifted there and comes home every few days late night, I can tell that because I ask the security guard whenever I go down for a walk inside the society, I haven't stepped out since then.

Every day, I sleep on the hall sofa waiting for him to come so that I can apologize nicely, I tried calling him but he didn't respond, today my mission is to gain his apology. I walk down the stairs wearing a baby pink saree with a violet blouse, Anagha is making lunch while I eat her head, this is the only time I talk, or else I am busy studying.

"Anagha gives some tips na" I nudge her.

"Why don't you just go and meet him at the office, sir definitely will melt, even when you were sick he didn't leave your side," she says.

"Ya but it would be weird to go to his office, after what last happened I don't want to gain any attention and it's his office after all," I reply with disappointment.

"Wait!" An idea finally strikes my head.

"Anagha leave this make Panner Kadhai and naan and cut a lot of salad" I say to her, she looks at me thousand questions but before she can ask I shove my hand to stop and proceed to call Rida, his secretary, I hope this works out.

"Mam are you sure?" she asks.

"YES, just make sure I don't come in anyone's eye"

"Ok"

And I cut the call.

"Nice plan" Anagha says finally handing me the tiffin, I smile back as I proceed to leave, Here I come MR AHAN SEHGAL, now I will see how you not accept my apology.

 I signal Jay to follow me as we enter the lift and ask him to take me to Ahan's office. In a while a Mercedes C class stand in front of me, OKAY SO NOW I KNOW WHY THOSE PAPS WERE SO FREAKING INVESTED IN SHOOTING ME.

I get in call Rida and hand over the phone to Jay so that she explain the way to Ahan's Private Parking entry. As we reach the security guards automatically open the doors and Rida is standing near the private lift. God what place this is even, the office seemed at least twenty floors and so freaking vast, this is the only private entry gate that is only used by Ahan, hence no one can see me entering here. Rida presses the 19th floor and in a minute we are up as the doors open.

"First office to the right" Rida announces.

"Umm, you won't come?" I ask.

"NO, what if he gets angry and knows about my involvement and fires me, best of luck to you, he's been in a bad mood since morning, there's some tender issue, so be cautious" She says, I nod as get out of the lift.

Ceo-Ahan Sehgal the board read, there was Rida's cubicle right before and a conference room on the left, which looked empty, I walked towards Ahan's office.

The brown wooden door can be the last door I open today if he decides to blast at me, I gulp down the thought as I open it slowly, from what I can peek there are three people standing and covering Ahan's face, he is sitting in his chair and what seems like an angry not angry cut that, very very angry, I can tell by his stance, is this guy ever normal?

I contemplate for a while and decide to close the door and go back home, maybe I will come after a few days, thus I slowly close the door but hey this is Iysa's life, did you think I can just slowly close the door and fleed away home and never face this devil with a constant smug face? nope? good.

As I was closing the door my hand hit a showpiece lying near the door and it dropped, drawing everyone's attention towards the door, I just go few steps back, run Iysa, run, he doesn't know it was you, I was about to Bhaag Milkha Bhaag but my eyes fell on the security camera, he is gonna know it was me, just my luck!

"Who's there?" his voice comes out sternly, okay bye guys, see you all in next life.

I slowly opened the door again, only peeping my head in, the three guys stared looking at me as if I just saved their life.

"I-I was leaving, bye" I say waving my hand like a child and leaving out an awkward smile.

"Stop," Ahan says getting up and I freeze it in the same position. Yup, my death warrant, it's official guys.

"I will deal with you all later, find me the loophole before the day ends or kiss your jobs bye bye" he says and all of them hang their head down like slaves and cross me leaving my head in the door frame only living thing in his office.

"Do you plan to stand there throughout?" he says as he sits back in a more relaxed way, I realise how stupid I must be looking and with all the courage I had I entered in, the wooden door automatically closed, leaving me officially alone with Ahan.

"I brought you lunch" I declare, avoiding eye contact at any cost as I take a seat opposite to his.

"Why" he asked as his eyes were filled with amusement as if he had seen a two-headed lion.

"Why not" I stated opening the tiffin and not giving a glance at him, I expected him to be angry like he was a minute ago but surprisingly he was just.....himself grumpy as every day.

"Wait, not here, open it on the seating table," he said stopping me as he signalled me towards the opposite direction where there was a sofa and low centre table.

I closed it back and took a seat, Ahan too followed me with a file in his hand, I served it on a plate for him while he was busy inspecting the file, the worry lines were sharp on his forehead, seemed like he was trying to figure out something.

"Ahan," I said to grab his attention.

"Ah yeh," he replies closing the file and keeping it beside him as he looks at the plate.

"You had lunch?" he asked as he the first bite.

"I will once I go back home," I reply as I play with my fingers waiting for the perfect moment to apologise.

"Have it with me right now, it's already past lunchtime, plus I can't eat seven parathas alone" he says taking the second bite and placing the plate between us so that I can have it too.

"Umm, you are not mad?" I ask taking a bite.

"I am"

"I am sorry Ahan, I know this time it was a grave mistake, if you don't want to come back there, it's fine but at least forgive me, I promise I will listen to you next time" I blurt out but his face was still blank, no expressions, seriously?

"Say something" Is he planning to kill me with his dead face?

"I wasn't mad at you. I had something to deal with here, that's why was busy," he states casually. Oh, so all this while I was sad for nothing. This guy is just a big UGH.

"Why didn't you pick up my calls then?" I ask. I am so, so mad at him right now.

"I said I was busy, I didn't check my phone, it must be in a drawer somewhere" he states as he shrugs his shoulder.

-----

Hi guys, I don't know how to explain my absence but I know how to make up for it, I have around 7 chapters ready and have already scheduled them weekly!!!

Show some love by liking and commenting, okay??