Chapter 5 - Battle Reflections

The duo had just arrived in Lyn's tent after a fierce battle against the group of bandits. They were both exhausted and weary from their ordeal.

They found a place to sit and rest on some cushions. Sitting together in sync, they both sighed at the same time, releasing some of their tension.

After a few minutes of silence and rest to pay respect to their own bodies, Lyn turned to Astrid and thanked him again.

"Astrid, thank you for helping me defeat those bandits. You were a great help." She nodded gratefully at him.

Astrid just nodded back and replied. "Don't mention it. I'm just doing what I can to help the people and my friend."

Astrid watched Lyn's face as she thanked him for his help. He could see the gratitude and respect in her eyes.

He then changed the topic to their teamwork tactics. "We did well as a team in this battle. We covered each other's backs and coordinated our attacks well."

He gave her some suggestions for improvement. "However, we can still improve our teamwork by communicating more clearly and trusting each other more fully."

He gave her some examples of their teamwork in action. "For instance, when we faced their leader together, we used our speed advantage to flank him from both sides and distract him with feints and strikes."

He praised her for her contribution to their teamwork success. "You did an excellent job of keeping him off balance with your swift movements and precise slashes."

He also acknowledged his own role in their teamwork success. "I did my best to support you with my magic and keep him at bay when he got too close."

Lyn and Astrid continued chatting, recollecting about the events of the battle. They discussed about the bandits' tactics, weapons, and motives, which seemed to be a sore point for Lyn.

"I really underestimated their leader." Lyn said gloomily. "He was stronger and smarter than I expected. He almost killed me."

Astrid tried to lighten up the mood. "You shouldn't beat yourself up over it. We defeated him that's all that matters." He gave her a reassuring smile.

"No... No, I was reckless... I–"

"No. Stop it. You're tired. You need some rest." He interrupted.

He then added with a more serious tone. "But if you want to improve your skills, I can give you some feedback. You have great speed and agility, which are your main strengths. You can strike fast and move fluidly on the battlefield."

He paused for a moment and continued. "However, you also have some weaknesses that you need to work on. You lack power and defense, which makes you vulnerable to stronger enemies. You should work on your strength and endurance, and learn how to parry and dodge better."

He smiled at her again and concluded his advice. "You have great potential as a swordfighter, Lyn. You just need to polish your skills and balance your strengths and weaknesses."

Lyn listened to Astrid's feedback carefully, nodding in agreement as he spoke. She appreciated his honest assessment of her skills and was grateful for his willingness to help her improve.

"Thank you, Astrid. I will take your advice to heart and work on my weaknesses. I want to become stronger and more skilled, so I can protect my people and my friends."

She looked up at him with determination in her eyes. "I won't let my recklessness endanger anyone again."

Astrid smiled at her and nodded. "I have no doubt that you will improve, Lyn. You have the courage and the dedication to become a great warrior."