Chapter 3 - A Girl from the Plains

'Damn... It hurts like hell.' Astraeus pressed his palms against his temples, hoping to ease his headache.

"Are you awake?"

'Huh? Ugh... it hurts...'

A woman's voice brought Astraeus out of his slumber, and he looked up. A beautiful lady smiled at him as he realized he was in a foreign tent.

She had long green hair was pulled back in a ponytail that cascaded over her shoulders and back like a river. Her dazzling green eyes sparkled with concern and curiosity, changing into an excited and relieved expression.

He felt a surge of attraction as he saw her, especially her revealing thick thighs. 'Is this love at first sight? Am I dreaming? She's stunning... But Wait... how old was she? Is she even legal...? What's her siz-'

'Wait... Snap out of it... Now's not the right time...' He had no time to dwell on his thoughts. Astrid swiftly pushed them away and moved on.

He sat while holding his head and asked innocently like he thought of nothing.

"Where am I?"

She gave him a smile when he answered her and told him. "You're in my home."

As she placed the bowls on the table, she continued. "I found you unconscious on the Plains."

"I am Lyn, of the Lorca Tribe. You're safe now." She introduced herself giving a smile, trying to assure him.

"Who are you? Can you remember your name?" She asked curiously.

Astraeus lowered his eyes and touched his chest. "Astrid... My name is Astrid." He said his nickname, hiding his true identity as Astraeus. He did not want to involve her in his troubles.

"I thank you for your kindness. You have shown great care for a stranger like me." He smiled nobly as he responded.

But inside his mind, he was weary and tired. 'God I'm exhausted.' He silently thought.

"Astrid, Astrid, Astrid..." Lyn repeated Astrid's name aloud, getting used to its ring and feeling its shape on her tongue.

"Your name is Astrid? What an odd-sounding name..." She remarked aloud and stifled a snort.

He arched his brows and promptly interjected. "Pardon? Ex-"

He ceased as he realized that they were rather secluded, so he surmised it was rather odd.

Lyn quickly regretted her words and felt her face heat up. "But pay me no mind... It is a good name." She hesitated clumsily in the middle as she sought for a justification.

He gave a gentle smile, amused by Lyn's reaction.

"I don't mind it." He shrugged it off.

She felt awkward and wanted to switch the topic.

"I see by your attire that you are a traveler. What brings you to the Sacae Plains? Would you share your story with me?"

Lyn looked at him curiously. He was wrapped in a majestic cloak of royal blue. The cloak hid the silver knight's armor that he had underneath it. Under the armor, he has blue tunics that complement his fair complexion and blond hair. A hood of black and white fabric is sewn to the back of his neck armor. His hands and feet are the only parts of him that are visible, showing the blue tunics under his metal plates.

Astrid let out a heavy breath as he thought about the earlier events.

He pulled back his hood, revealing his handsome face and blond hair. His green eyes sparkled like emeralds, and he smiled charmingly at Lyn. He looked like a prince from a fairy tale.