Chapter 21 - Round One | Clash of Blades

The makeshift arena was filled with the clashing of swords and the sound of footsteps as the four friends, Lyn, Sain, Kent, and Astrid, engaged in an intense sparring session. They moved with fluid grace, their weapons glinting in the sunlight that streamed through the foliage. The air was charged with energy as they exchanged quick jabs and taunts, each one determined to emerge victorious.

Lyn and Sain faced each other, their swords a blur as they parried and thrust. Their movements were evenly matched, each one trying to gain the upper hand.

Meanwhile, Kent and Astrid circled each other, each one studying the other's technique, waiting for an opening to strike.

As they fought, they exchanged words of encouragement and good-natured banter. The atmosphere was lively and competitive, with each one striving to improve their skills and push their limits. The stakes were high, and the friends knew that only the strongest and most skilled would emerge victorious.

Lyn and Sain were evenly matched in technique, but Lyn had the advantage of speed, while Sain had the advantage of strength. They circled each other, each waiting for an opening.

Sain made the first move, lunging forward with a powerful strike. Lyn sidestepped his attack and countered with a quick jab, which Sain barely managed to block.

"Nice try, Lyndis." Sain said, grinning. "But you'll have to do better than that."

Lyn smirked and replied. "Don't underestimate me, Sain." She feinted to the left and then to the right, before delivering a swift kick to Sain's stomach. He stumbled backwards but quickly regained his balance.

"Good one." Sain said, impressed. "But you'll have to do better than that." He swung his sword at Lyn's head, but she ducked and rolled out of the way.

"Too slow." Lyn teased. She dashed forward and delivered a series of quick strikes, which Sain barely managed to block. They exchanged blows back and forth, neither one gaining the upper hand.

Meanwhile, Astrid and Kent were having a more measured match. They were both skilled in swordsmanship, but Kent was more disciplined and precise, while Astrid was more creative and flexible. They circled each other, waiting for an opening.

Astrid made the first move, lunging forward with a quick strike. Kent blocked it easily and counterattacked with a precise thrust, which Astrid parried. "Impressive." Astrid said, nodding. "You're as disciplined as they say."

Kent smiled and replied, "Likewise, Astrid. You're just as flexible as I've heard." They resumed their stance and waited for the other to make a move.

Astrid lunged forward again, but Kent blocked it once more. They exchanged blows back and forth, neither one gaining the upper hand.

"Ha! You can't touch me!" Sain taunted as he dodged Lyn's swing.

"Oh yeah? Watch this!" Lyn countered as she feinted to the left and slashed to the right.

"Nice move! But not good enough!" Sain exclaimed as he pushed Lyn back and lunged forward, his sword aimed at her chest. However, Lyn was quick on her feet and sidestepped, her hair swishing behind her.

"Too predictable! You need to vary your attacks!" Lyn retorted as she kicked Sain's leg, making him stumble.

"You're right! How about this?" Sain quickly regained his balance and spun around, swinging his sword in a wide arc.

Lyn ducked and said. "Better! But still too slow!" Before thrusting her sword towards his face.

Sain deftly parried the attack, then kicked her sword hand, causing her weapon to clatter to the ground. "Faster! But still too weak!"