To Steve, From Bucky

Warning: There's a confession made by Bucky in this that may be triggering, it relates to suicide. Just prior warning so I don't 'cause anyone harm <3

~~~&~~~

"Avengers Assemble! We've got mail!" Tony crowed, sauntering into the lounge in Avengers Tower.

Clint was the first one to jump over the sofa and park his ass on it, while Natasha strolled around it and sat down. She huffed when Clint rested his head in her lap, because she knew she'd have to sit and run her fingers through the brunette's hair. Sam came wandering along with Thor, talking quietly to each other and sharing jokes. Bruce sauntered over, placing himself next to Tony, earning a small smile in greeting from the brunette. And of course, the last to arrive was Steve. He wasn't too phased with the whole mail situation, simply because he hardly got anything. Well, part of him had been hoping Bucky would write back from prison. But that was three days ago, so his hopes were scattering.

"Here comes the old man, slow as usual," Tony joked.

"Less of the old man, Stark," the blonde scoffed.

He sat beside Natasha, who gave him a small smile and a gentle squeeze on the shoulder, before turning her attention back to Clint. Tony hummed and stood up as he stopped to face everyone, bundles of letters in his hand.

"Alright let's see, first five are mine. Bruce you've got one, Nat you've got a couple here. Clint, you've got three. Sam I've got something here for you, doesn't look important and Thor you've got some weird one, looks like it's from Asgard or something," Tony snorted.

"How the hell would something from Asgard get to here?" Clint laughed.

"It is not from Asgard, it is from Miss Darcy," Thor boasted.

"Oh, right, your friend, who is friends with Jane and...yeah okay I get it," Tony quipped.

Steve lent back against the sofa, leaning his head back against it, breathing deeply.

"Hey Cap, you've got something," Tony mused.

The blonde's body jolted up as he saw Tony waving the envelope in front of his face. He took it from the brunette and turned it around to look at the sender address. His heart rate quickened as he blinked, tears already stinging at his eyes.

"I don't believe it," he breathed out.

"Who's it from?" Sam asked.

"From Bucky," Steve answered, peeling the envelope open and pulling the pieces of paper out.

Bucky Barnes

Newgate Prison

Manhattan, NY

Cell 107

March 13th 2015

Steve Rogers

Avengers Tower

Manhattan, NY

Steve,

I can't believe I'm hearing from you. I can't believe you wrote to me. It's been nearly a year and you're only just talking to me. I can understand why though. Why would you want to talk to me after all the grief I caused? This is all the paper they had when I went looking for some. So I'm sorry if it looks cheap. And it took me a while to convince them to give me a pen as if I was going to murder someone with it. I hate it here. I miss the freedom of running, even if it was from danger, or to get away from you and Sam. You asked how I was and I think I can only be truthful. I'm not okay, Steve. I feel like I tried to redeem myself yet I ended up here in a cell, writing to you on cheap paper and spending most nights screaming in my sleep.