one

─•❃✾❃•─

Entering Siesta, Yoona was warmly greeted by the employee, Kim Kyung-ran, who was busy at work.

"Mr. Jeon isn't here, ma'am," Kyung-ran said, keeping her head slightly bowed.

"That's alright, I'm not here to see him. I heard a new collection arrived, and I'd like to try it out," Yoona replied.

"Sure, please give me a moment," Kyung-ran said, heading to one of the rooms to retrieve the requested items.

Yoona's current attention was drawn to each and every little detail regarding the dresses lining the racks of the store, just then, the sound of the door bells chiming caught her attention. She turned around, her eyes drawn to the woman standing before her, dressed in dark attire from head to toe.

Yoona offered a nod as a form of greeting, which the woman returned, before she shifted her attention back to the array of shoes on display. However, a nagging thought crossed her mind as she stole glances at the woman from the corner of her eye ─ the more she looked, the more familiar she seemed. She furrowed her brows, racking her brain in an attempt to remember. Then, their eyes met, and it all clicked into place.

"Dong-eun?" Yoona asked hesitantly.

"Yoona. You remember me," Moon Dong-eun responded, a small smile gracing her lips.

Yoona let out a slight gasp. "It's been... so long. How have you been?"

"I'm doing perfectly fine, Yoona. It seems fortune is smiling upon me these days," Dong-eun said, her words evoking a grin from Yoona. Dong-eun couldn't help but smile in return ─ Yoona's smile had the power to brighten even the gloomiest days.

"I heard you own a company now," Dong-eun remarked. Yoona awkwardly smiled, never quite knowing how to accept compliments.

"Yeah, are you here to shop for clothes too?" Yoona asked, glancing around the boutique.

"No, I'm just browsing," Dong-eun replied, glancing around.

Awkward silence settled. The friend she had been closest to had finally returned for a reunion. After graduation, Yoona never saw Dong-eun again.

Yoona had gone to the place she knew Dong-eun lived, only to discover that she had left. It was a devastating revelation. She couldn't understand why her friend would leave like that. Perhaps Dong-eun had gone to pursue her aspirations of architecture, something she had always dreamed of.

It was the only thing that gave her peace of mind while she wondered about her friend's life.

After a brief moment of silence, Dong-eun shifted her gaze from the rows of shoes to Yoona. "Remember when you helped me back in high school? You tended to my wounds, talked to me, and looked after me..."

"Yeah, did the person who was bothering you stop?" Yoona inquired softly.

Dong-eun chuckled. "Kind of. You said you would help me if I ever needed it or got into trouble. Are you still true to your word, Jeon Yoona?"

"Tell me what you need help with," Yoona responded without hesitation.

─•❃✾❃•─