thirteen

─•❃✾❃•─

As Yoona stirred awake, the heavy arms around her waist nearly sent her heart into a frenzy. Her eyes widened, unfocused gaze gradually sharpening as consciousness returned. Just as she was about to rush out of the bed, the gentle snores tickling her neck froze her half-risen body in place.

'Do-yeong', her eyes sealed shut with a sigh of relief, and an immediate tranquility washed over her racing heart. Her fatigued body pressed itself farther into Do-yeong's chest, feeling the rumbles of his breathing and the way he molded himself against her, his sculpted hips gently pressing forward into the space between her legs.

Her gaze descended, taking in the sight of Do-yeong's head nestled beneath her chin, his arms enfolding her in a secure cocoon. Within the bedroom's muted ambiance, only a sliver of sunlight pierced through the curtains, casting a gentle glow. As his warm breath grazed her skin, a rush of sensations coursed through her, igniting goosebumps and a quickening of her heartbeat. Yet, she chose to ignore the fluttering of butterflies within her, concealing her awareness by closing her eyes, feigning sleep as she sensed his eyes beginning to flutter open.

Gradually, Do-yeong roused from his slumber, memories of their fervent night flooding his mind. He cast a gaze at Yoona's serene slumber, unable to resist the temptation to appreciate each delicate feature of her face. He lingered on her lengthy eyelashes that rested like wisps upon her cheeks, the gentle parting of her soft lips as she breathed, and the graceful curve of her nose, enticing him to trace it with the tender caress of his finger. Yet, he knew he could not. What transpired between them last night was a fleeting encounter, unlikely to be repeated.

Mindful of preserving her tranquil slumber, shielding her from the disappointment or resentment that might taint her expression, he gingerly disentangled himself from her embrace. Retrieving his shirt from the floor, he attired himself as best he could (after cleaning himself up in the bathroom), the fabric retaining the creases of Yoona's earlier grip. His usually impeccable suit, too, bore the crumpled testament to their passionate encounter. Scrunching his nose at the imperfection, he cast one final glance upon Yoona's form before slipping silently through the door.

As the front door opened and closed, Yoona finally fluttered her eyes open, releasing a breath she hadn't realized she had been holding. Nestled within the embrace of tousled sheets, she recounted the events of the previous night's affair─the intensity of Do-yeong's touch, the sensation of his calloused palms traversing her hips, chest, and lips. Fervent words spilled from their mouths, akin to prayers whispered amidst a tempest of pleasure. The only way she could navigate this encounter was by burying it deep within her memories and treating it as a fleeting moment. Their interactions, ordinarily bound by professional matters and the occasional family gathering, offered little chance of further encounters with Do-yeong.

Determined to move forward, Yoona resolved to bury the memory, locking it away within the recesses of her being. Yet, cocooned within the embrace of disheveled sheets, the echoes of their shared passion lingered, reminding her that some encounters, no matter how brief, could leave an indelible mark on one's heart.

─•❃✾❃•─

Do-yeong made his way to his office, his presence commanding attention as he traversed the bustling corridors. Staff members offered their customary greetings, their voices trailing off as their gazes alighted upon the uncharacteristically disheveled state of his impeccably tailored suit. The secretary, glancing up from his desk, hesitated mid-sentence, his lips parting to deliver the customary salutation. However, the sight of Do-yeong's sartorial imperfections halted his words in mid-air.