two

─•❃✾❃•─

Winter had given way to spring as Yoona welcomed the new season warmly —  it was a special time for the Jeon family; it was a time of rebirth, and a time of new life. The Jeon family was expecting a new child into their family, and they were overwhelmed with happiness and joy.

The sun was shining today — the first proper warmth of spring was starting to appear and Yoona welcomed it gladly. Seeing the wind blow and hearing the silence around her was comfortable. The blooming of flowers, brought back colour after what had felt like such a long winter. Yoona breathed in the fresh air and let the sun warm her skin as she walked, stopping occasionally to admire the vast flower fields.

Upon hearing the news of Yoona's pregnancy, she was carried off to the Jeon family's sprawling estate for a vacation. While the company of the older women going off about pregnancy talks, felt suffocating at times, it was a beautiful estate with breathtaking gardens. Large expanses of fields she hoped to get lost in on walks, and her shared room within walls of the deeply historical home that she was privileged to occupy, even if just for the vacation. Even if the days were long and spent with the women in both their family circle, there were amusements to be found around the property and the beautiful scenery made up for it.

"Oi, enjoying the flowers, are we?"

She heavily sighed, "Must you ruin everything, Myeong-o?"

He raised a brow at her, before shaking his head and looking away. "You know, hearing about your pregnancy makes me... queasy, as if Louis wasn't enough and now I have to take care of another damn brat."

She scoffs, "What makes you think Jae-jun would allow you anywhere near our child?"

A mischievous grin played on Myeong-o's face, "I didn't think Jae-jun had it in him to provide you with a child."

Frustrated, she questioned, "What the fuck are you on about now?"

With a wry grin and raised brow, he said, "Nothing, hope your pregnancy goes easy."

His words left Yoona grumbling under her breath, "Who told him to open his mouth?"

As Myeong-o walked away, Yoona drags her bare feet on the grass, letting her body lead the way on it's own. The blue sky and the vast flower fields were the only thing that kept her company, but despite the loneliness and the wind blowing her hair, she felt at peace. Arms wrap around her waist as Jae-jun rests his head in the crook of her neck, "What are you doing out here alone?"

She turns around in his hold, with a small smile gracing her lips, "Nothing, I'm just happy."

"Me too." His hand pressed to her stomach, having brushed her shirt up to rest on her skin, and his thumb drawing small circles. Yoona can't help but giggle when he starts peppering ticklish kisses into the crook of her neck and she shoves him away with a laugh. "You're annoying."

"Maybe," Jae-jun grins, placing another kiss on her neck "but you're my wife so..."

'well, I do make regretable choices sometimes.' She mused.

─•❃✾❃•─

Dinners like these were a big deal to Yoona's parents. The whole family dressed up fancy, all of her sibling's and their partners were invited, and they had at least three courses. The guests are ushered from the vicinities of the dining parlor into the drawing room. The space is lit with candles that glint and flit across the pale blue plaster, lined with golden leaf molding.