eight

─•❃✾❃•─

Yoona gracefully accepted the alumni award and returned to her seat, accompanied by soft applause.

It was the 18 year reunion of Sunghan High School's Class of 2004, and a few alumni were being recognised for their professional distinction.

"Our second award goes to Park Yeon-jin, an alumni from the 23rd graduating class."

Yeon-jin was the next to go the stage to accept her award. The gymnasium erupted in cheers as Yeon-jin took her award, a bright smile on her face masking her fear following her chat with Dong-eun earlier. The cheering stopped as everyone turned to stare at Dong-eun, who had begun cheering wildly, saying "Let's give it up for Yeonjin!" with phoney enthusiasm.

"You're so incredible, Yeon-jin ah!" Dong-eun whooed loudly. Soon everyone else participated in the cheering except for Jae-jun, Hye-jeong, and Sara, who all looked at Dong-eun strangely. Yoona on the other hand was looking for Yeon-jin's reaction, who was glaring at Dong-eun intently.

Yoona watched as her sister, Yeon-jin, looked at Dong-eun, her eyes filled with different emotions, primarily fear. Yoona knew that Yeon-jin was scared of Dong-eun. It didn't matter that all five of her bullies were now rich and powerful, Dong-eun wouldn't give up so easily. She would take revenge on those five, ensuring that they live a wretched life and regret every bit of it.

Yoona had always known that her sister's past actions would eventually catch up with her. Even if the five tried to make amends, to reach out to Dong-eun and apologize for what they had done, it was too late. It was too late for regrets now. Dong-eun had already made up her mind, and she was determined to make them pay.

All Yeon-jin could do was brace herself for what was to come. She knew that Dong-eun was a force to be reckoned with, and that she would stop at nothing to get her revenge. It was only a matter of time before they would feel her wrath.

Yoona had excused herself from the ceremony as soon as it was over to take a phone call.

''Come to the hospital right away."

─•❃✾❃•─

Yoona and Yeo-jeong walked silently through the sterile hallway, their footsteps echoing off the white-tiled walls. The gravity of the situation weighed heavily on them as they made their way to the morgue.

They finally arrived at the morgue, and made their way to So-hee's container. As they opened it, they were immediately taken aback. The stretcher was empty, with no sign of So-hee's body.

"What's going on?" Yoona asked, looking at him in confusion.

Before either of them could say anything else, they heard raised voices coming from outside the morgue. They walked out of the room to see a senior doctor, a stern-looking man, berating manager Han.

"What the hell were you thinking?" The senior doctor demanded, his face red with anger, "Those bodies are not to be touched without my permission, are you out of your mind?!"

"I know that sir, but I thought maybe..." He stammered, unsure what to answer, "Because he's the director's son."

After a few moments of silence, the doctor replied, "You're dismissed."

He then turned to the pair, "Joo Yeo-jeong, and Miss Yoona. Maybe I can help you."

"I asked him to let me in." Yeo-jeong said, stepping forward, "Do you have a minute to talk to us?"