twelve

CW ─ nsfw/smut, Unedited.

─•❃✾❃•─

The muted sound of rain echoes inside the car. Droplets splattered against the fogged windshield, blurring the brightness of the street lights. Rainy days had always been Yoona's favorite─the rhythmic pitter-pattering sound, the transformative air, and the intoxicating scent of petrichor that hung in the atmosphere. It's both soothing and electric the way her body reacts to a rainstorm.

Her hair clung uncomfortably to the back of her neck, and she found herself shivering. Yoona couldn't discern if it was due to the rain or the emotions stirred by Jae-jun. Without uttering a word, Do-yeong had guided her into the car, his arm still enveloping her until she settled in the seat. He drove in silence, occasionally stealing glances at her, observing her chest rise and fall as she stared ahead. He offered her a towel from his car, prepared for emergencies, and she gratefully accepted, while he activated the car's heating system.

"Are you warm?" His voice sent warm tingles coursing through her body. Yoona nodded, turning to look at him. His gaze was fixed ahead, his brow furrowed. The muscles in his arm strained against his white shirt as he firmly gripped the steering wheel. The sight of him alone brought her warmth and a delightful sensation. With a gentle exhale, she averted her gaze, her mind drifting back to when she had leaned her head on his shoulder earlier, finding instant solace as if he held the cure to all her problems. And when he had wrapped his arm around her, it had felt as if her knees would give way under the weight of emotions.

Yoona's voice quivered slightly, breaking the comfortable silence that had enveloped them. She directed Do-yeong to drop her off at a specific location. Her attempt to maintain composure was evident, but the strain in her voice betrayed her inner turmoil.  Do-yeong nodded, a soft hum escaping his lips. As he noticed her bare leg bouncing anxiously, he couldn't help but sense that something had affected her earlier. It stirred a mix of concern and a strange fluttering in his own chest.

Without words, he instinctively reached out and placed his hand on her thigh, gently halting the restless movement. The warmth of his touch against her cold skin sent a jolt of electricity through her body, causing her to suppress a shiver.

In the quietude that followed, Yoona mumbled out the directions while Do-yeong listened attentively, focusing on every nuance of her being. He was acutely aware of her subtle gestures—the slight turn of her head towards the rain-soaked window, the intermittent clenching of her fingers on her lap, and the slight slump of her body in the seat.

No words were exchanged, but their actions spoke volumes.

Yoona's senses were heightened, acutely aware of the sensation of Do-yeong's hand that was still on her thigh. It was as if his touch had seared her skin, leaving an indelible mark that sent her senses into overdrive. A gulp caught in her throat, her cheeks flushed with heat as she subtly shifted in her seat.

As they arrived at her apartment, Do-yeong insisted on walking her to the door, an act that Yoona couldn't bring herself to deny. The silence between them felt heavy, each passing second stretching infinitely. Standing in front of her door, Yoona's fingers fumbled with the key, a selfish desire flickering within her. She hesitated, not wanting to let Do-yeong go, yearning for him to stay and bridge the gap that existed between them. Her longing for more than just the touch of his hand on her thigh grew unabated.

The door made a clicking sound, breaking the painful silence. She pushed the door open but didn't step inside, still in place, hyperaware of Do-yeong's close proximity behind her. Slowly, she turned around to face him, her eyes meeting his gaze. It felt as if his dark eyes were mocking her, daring her to take a step further, to close the distance she had created between them. And so, she yielded to that selfish desire.