Chapitre 12

Waking up at 5AM was never an easy task for [Male name]. Even though it was a solid part in his daily routine.

He, his family and his dear two best friends found their way around the fascinating deepness that it is [Male name]'s sleep.

For the most part Shishamo was taking over the duty of waking him up, she somehow knew when and how to do it. For special occasion it was Mayumi's pancake aroma that did the trick, [Male name] just took one sniff and he was up.

But without a doubt waking up by Tsukki's voice was his favorite. Kei didn't have to say anything special really, he just needed to call [Male name]'s name and [Male name] just needed to hear Kei voice.

After all hearing Kei voice calling for him was better than any dream he could be having.

And on very, very rare few times [Male name] would wake up on his own.

Talking about miracles.

No one understood the science behind it, they just gave up and moved on.

But then again [Male name] had a rock determination and persistence when it came to volleyball, including waking up at dawn. Sadly, he didn't find anyone who shared it with him, even if Kei and Tadashi joined him a thousands of times before which he appreciate but he also understood he couldn't drag them everyday with him especially when he knew he can be a little extreme in his work out.

Over the past years his teammates were refusing to join him one by one each day, and there was nothing he could hate more than making his friends do something against their wishes. And each time Tadashi or Mayumi or even his parents joined him in the morning he could jump from happiness.

But Kei was different, he was there each day every year. He wasn't technically participating in the training, sometimes he would just meet him once he finished his run so they can walk back together, yet he never didn't show up. [Male name] tried to stop him and telling him he didn't have to push himself that much, but Kei didn't even leave him a chance to protest. He would say stuff like 'What will you do if you end up injured?' or 'Do you think I would leave you run alone knowing how little your attention span is?'.

[Male name] knew he was worried about him, either because fearing he would end up hurting himself or feeling lonely, giving the way they met each other for the first time was something like this. Kei cared for him and that all made it hard for [Male name] not to like it.

Not to like him.

So for the longest time it was him and Kei and the early singing of birds.

Not until he came to Karasuno.

Not until today.

Breathing out, [Male name] took notice at how cold it is in the morning even though May was beginning soon, he remembered his mother constant reminder to wear warm clothes in the morning.

He took another glance at his watch, it was still few minutes before their meeting time. He decided to do more warm ups to distract himself from sending another text to confirm with Hinata and Kageyama if they were coming or if they end up changing their minds.

They sure were eager to join him yesterday, they wouldn't ditch him, right?

No, [Male name] they're different. They're your friends.

A big yawn beside him cut him off his track.

"Kei if you're tired you don't have to force yourself." [Male name] said smiling at his friend who had his eyes closed, he knew there was no point in saying this anyway, Kei would never leave.