Serverus Snape

I get in the Common Room in the dungeons, fuming. I cannot believe Malfoy gave me detention. I don't even know why I hexed him.

"Probably because she's my friend and I didn't like him calling her mudblood." I mutter. I should have kept my head down.

But, I don't want to jeopardize our friendship. Calmly I get into my pajamas and tuck the blankets under me. I hate James Potter. I fall asleep.

The next week is a blur. I have to endure Sirius's and James's taunting. But lily told me to keep my head down. God damn her. Us Slytherins are playing Gryffindor in the first Quidditch match.

I head down to the pitch and take my place among Us Slytherins. Potter passes me and snorts at my scarf. I sneer, my lip curling.

"Where's Black, Potter?" I ask. He points to the commentary box. Oh, crap. If he's commentating...

"And we're off. The ugly gits Slytherin are in terrible form. Too bad that prat Snape isn't playing, it'll be a laugh to see him get on a broomstick again...."

"BLACK! Unbiased commentating. Talk about the match, if you please!" Mcgonagall was fuming. The match ended quick enough. Slytherin, sixty, Gryffindor, two hundred forty.

I head back to the common room disappointed. I fall back into an armchair. Was it a laugh to see me on a broomstick?