Hogsmeade: The Shrieking Shack

Remus (Moony) Lupin POV:

"Come on down Remus, we need to enter quickly. I have no doubt your friends will be waiting for you in the hospital wing." Madame Pomfrey escorted me to the Whomping Willow, which was planted especially for me.

If you hit a branch on the jerky tree, the branches would stop flailing wildly. Then, a trapdoor would open, admitting me to a passageway.

Madame Pomfrey slides down the slope with me and we are admitted into a shack. This is my third time in the place.

Once to be introduced to it, the other at a full moon, where I transformed. One of my fits was coming on now.

"I'm going back to the hospital wing. I'll bring Dumbledore to watch I've over you, okay Mr.Lupin?" She eyes me warily. I nod and hunch over.

"Go!" I shout, a horrible crunching feeling coming on to me. She scurries up the stairs and out of harms way. The fangs are growing. Fur sprouts around my body and I start thrashing and howling.

I rip the chairs arms off while howling my head off. I run into walls, screaming. I claw walls and kick everything in distance. I'm in no control. I start looking for ways out, but I'm not thinking straight.

I give up, after several relentless attempts. I curl into a ball, bearing my fangs. Suddenly, my mind clears and the fangs are shrinking.

Fur disappears and I feel more, well, present. I clear my throat and bellow, "Professor Dumbledore?" I wait for an answer.

"I'm here Remus," he says and then. "Come on up." I oblige, climbing the stairs and out. Dumbledore is awaiting by the lake, smiling slightly. "Shall we go back to the castle?" I nod quickly and off we go.

000000000000000000000000000

"Where's Remus?" I hear James ask Madame Pomfrey. She gives a quick answer and I enter that room solitary.

They give me quizzical looks. I give a quick cover up story. "I was looking for you guys to tell you I got out earlier." I say hurriedly. "Let's go," I say, joining them down the corridor. Sirius looks like he's impatient.

"Remus, don't insult our intelligence. We-" but catching the look on James face, he stopped. "Well, I think that your a werewolf. I panicked quickly.

"What makes ya think that?" I try to ask innocently. Even Peter raises his eyebrows.

Sirius presses on. "You've disappeared every full moon. We're not idiots, you know. It's okay if your a wolf." At my skeptical look, he still prodded. "We'll become unregistered anamagi if we have to, right?" James nodded as expected. Peter muttered something about "trouble."

"Yeah," says James. "We'll do anything for you man. You're our best friend. And we still haven't forgotten the Malfoy hex." He said, grinning broadly.

I'm barely aware of nodding and them putting their arms around me. All I know is that I've found great friends.