010.

❝ ᝯׁhׁׅ֮ɑׁׅ֮℘tׁׅꫀׁׅܻꭈׁׅ  tׁׅꫀׁׅܻꪀׁׅ ❞

_   .   𝕏   '  +  ❀   +    '    𝕏   .  _

Leilani sat on the edge of the water just close enough so that the waves tickled her toes as they crashed onto the beach. She looked up at the sky, mentally connecting stars and making shapes.

Her ears twitched at the sound of soft footfalls. Turning her head she is met with Neteyam walking toward her carrying a bowl.

"I know you said you weren't hungry," Neteyam stated as he sat down next to her, "but you haven't eaten since this morning and Tsireya said it's your favorite." He passed the bowl to the girl.

Looking down Leia could see the bowl was filled with her favorite fruit cut up into cubes. "Thanks, Teyam," she smiled as accepted the bowl.

"How are you?" He asked the girl as she popped a few cubes into her mouth.

"I'm fine," she said after swallowing.

"You're more than fine," he countered, bumping her shoulder lightly and smirking. This caused the girl to smile and look away from him.

"No but like actually, are you ok? You seemed pretty upset earlier," he asked, a voice full of concern; he then leaned back on his hands to get a better view of her face.

"Yeah, I just needed to cool off. I had just yelled at my parents for, well, their parenting. They are not doing a great job at the moment," she said, setting the bowl of fruit to her side and looking up at the boy. Even sitting down he seemed to be so much taller than her.

He nodded along with the girl's words letting her know that he was listening.

"They are horrible role models and I just don't think it's fair to Aonung. Not excusing what he did in no way at all, but he's just trying to be like his parents and then gets yelled at for it. It's confusing for him and it's not fair they get to act like children and the children don't. You know?" She rambled playing with the sand as she spoke.

"I get it. Lo'ak is going through the same thing. He tries to act like our dad, or the way he used to act when he was our age, and always gets us into trouble," Neteyam said, relating to what Leia had explained.

Leilani nodded to his explanation, continuing to eat the fruit.

"How are you and your mom?" He asked, switching the topic.

"We still haven't talked," she chuckled, "I mean I talked and didn't let her get a word in, but didn't have an actual conversation. I don't think one of those is possible for us."

"Why not?" Neteyam asked, confused.

"Well she always has to be right, and if I try to explain my side I'm talking back or being disrespectful. She never agrees with me; I think it's partly because she thinks I'm evil," she explained, looking down at her hands and wiggling around her extra finger.